Chapter 5

*Laceys POV*

   It felt like ages until 7 came. I was so nervous.
   A date? A real date? With Calum Hood? I couldn't comprehend it.
   I was shaken from my thoughts when my doorbell rang. I quickly got up to go answer it.
   "Hey." Calum greeted me at my door with a huge smile on his face. I couldn't help but smile myself. "The movie starts at 8:30, I picked inside out. Is that okay?" He said, followed by a small laugh.
   I nodded, and followed him outside to his car.

   The car ride wasnt as quiet and awkward as I expected. Calum can really talk. He mostly just talked about soccer, and his plans to try and get a scholarship for it.
   Once we reached the resteraunt, a small burger joint he said Ashton was completly obsessed with, he started to get the hang of how to talk to me. Yes or no questions.
   "Do you like school so far?" He asked me. I arched an eyebrow at him and he laughed. "Yeah, didn't think so. School can be difficult without a clique. You've been hanging around with Nate and his boyfriend right?" I nodded. "They've always been trouble makers. But seem like okay guys." I smiled and nodded again, thinking of my new friends.
   Munching on a basket of french fries between the two of us, Calum continued to babble about soccer. He seemed to be really serious about it.
   "Back in Australia, Luke and I played on a team together. It was actually kind of hilarious." He said laughing. "Luke got out of it and actually started an interest in music. Punk music and stuff. I'll have him play for you sometime." He said. I nodded, and he smiled.
   Nodding. My only communication.
   "Hey the movie starts in a few minutes, wanna head over?" He took my hand, and I felt the heat rise to my cheeks. I looked over to see him blushing just as much as I was. I almost laughed. Nothing came out.

*Calum's POV*

   The whole movie, I couldn't stop staring at how beautiful she was. The way she sat with her knees at her chest, eyes focused on the colorful characters on the screen, a small smirk on her face.
   As much as I could admire her all day, I wish I could know more about her. The real her. I had to figure out a way to do that. But for right now, her presence is all I need.
   I felt her lean to the side, her body heat becoming more intense against me. I gulped, feeling a bit nervous. She carefully put her arm down on the arm rest, in perfect reach for me to hold it. Here's your chance Calum. Go for it.
   I lightly grabbed her cold hand, felt her jump a little, then she eased back. I intertwined our fingers together, and felt my smile grow bigger. I looked over at her, and she was smiling too.

   I walked Lacey to her front door, and stopped on her top step.
   "I really had a great time tonight. Maybe we can do this again?" I asked. She smiled, and nodded. I grabbed her hand again, and she looked at our hands.
   I lightly lifted her chin with my other hand. "Goodnight Lacey." I decided to play it safe and give her a kiss on the cheek. She smiled, and went inside.

Lacey Evans. There's something different, and absoluetly amazing about you.

authors note: OKAY I KNOW THIS IS A SHORT CHAPTER but I'm trying to plan this story out, so I can update more. I'm in a marching band with a crazy schedule, and it's hard for me o update frequently. But I'm going to try harder to get it updated sooner! Thank you (: