Chapter 3 The Truth

Chapter 3 The Truth

Astraea winced as she got up from the supply room floor. Her harassers and her savior were nowhere to be found. She quickly made sure there were no signs of the boys' advancements. That no one violated her. She released a great sigh of relief, thanking the Moon Goddess that nothing happened after she fainted.

"Who saved me from the devil's grasp?" Astraea thought as millions of possibilities raced through her head. Instinctively, she thought that maybe it was her mate, Boone. "Maybe he finally accepted me as his mate." Astraea fathoms almost swooning at the thought of this.

Lying comfortably on her bed, Astraea tried to complete all her assignments. At that moment, she heard a loud banging on her door. She was reluctant to open it. "Open the damn door, bitch!"the voice roared, as she soon recognised it to be the alpha, Boone.

"Fuck" she muttered under her breath.

*******

Astraea nervously sauntered towards the door. The callous nature of his voice made her submissive. As she opened the door Boone immediately ploughed through, pushing her against the wall with great strength. Astraea thought she heard her bones snap. At that moment, her transformation began. Her eyes changed to an icy blue color, resembling the dark ocean of the Arctic, her canines grew like razor blades. She was finally having her first transformation.

For late bloomers like herself, it is said that their transformation can be triggered by their mate. It is said that the process is extremely painful but with the help of your mate you can suppress the pain.

"You're a walking disaster, how dare you touch my pack, you mutt!" Boone screamed, as Astraea portrayed a face of anguish and confusion. He paused for a second then smirked, "Good.......looks like you're transforming. Maybe I don't have to beat the shit out of you yet." He turned his back ready to leave.

"Boone please don't leave me here." Astraea uttered weakly as the pain was too much to articulate any words. He only stopped in his tracks to spit out, "Don't ever call my fucking name!"

Astraea continued howling in pain, going through the transformation alone. Her body restructuring itself into that of a wolf. However, that pain was nothing compared to her losing her mate.

"Astraea" an unfamiliar yet somewhat comforting voice said.

"Who are you?" Astraea replied.

"It's me, your wolf, Lilja. Don't worry, the pain is only temporary. Just relax, it will end soon," Within a minute the pain subsided. As she looked down, in place of her hands were white paws. She was now a wolf with fur pure as a snowflake and eyes icy blue.

Astraea was ecstatic with her wolf form, feeling a sense of confidence with her new state. She took the opportunity to test her new capabilities. During this time Astraea bonded with her wolf, Lilja, who told her because she was a pure white wolf it made her stronger than the others.

Part 2

Trevor's POV

When Astraea and I were younger, we habitually played in the woods but on one specific day, we were not allowed to because rogues infiltrated the borders. Astraea was so stubborn she left anyways. Her excuse for leaving was that someone told her about an opening in the woods where she could find millions of fireflies. When we noticed that she was missing, my parents and I rushed out in search of her. In an instant the forest was bombarded with raging rogues.

By the time we found her, the surrounding atmosphere felt heavy. Astraea was cornered by an army. Immediately, my parents sprung into action, trying to protect their daughter as best they could. However, some rogues were still able to get to her and gave her a few blows to the head. Our parents managed to kill five but the remaining were just too strong. The wolf which I assumed was the leader of the rogue pack lunged at my mother. The scene before me was gruesome. He literally ripped my mother's throat from her neck, leaving only her lifeless body. Whilst my father distracted some rogues, I grabbed my sister and hid. My dad did not give up, he fought hard, eventually some more pack members came to help .

The forest became quiet. I feared for the worse. I quickly ran to the scene, Astraea following suit. I stood from a distance unable to make out any figures. As I approached closer to the scene, all the color drained from my body.

"Daddy! Mommy!" Astraea shouted, calling for her parents. "Mommy please wake up. It's time to go home." She sobbed. "Brother why aren't they saying anything."

I watched Astraea with rage. "If only you didn't leave, none of this would have happened! They would still be with us!" I screamed as I slapped Astraea running back to the pack after.

********

I grimaced as I recollected the memory only I shared. At that moment, I saw her, my sister, running out of the pack house as a white wolf. "She's finally growing up." I thought.