5) A Thing for Sweetness (Part 2)

A/N: You seemed to want a part two of this, so here you go! =D

Hiro's POV:

I was finally going to do it. I was going to tell (Y/n) how I felt today. Ever since we met thanks to gummy bears, I had developed a crush on her. After three years of being best friends, I couldn't wait anymore. Every time she was around me, my heart beat faster, and it got hard to breathe.

Besides, if I didn't tell her soon, Baymax was going to say it at some awkward time. He'd come close a couple of times, but I'd always been able to get him to deactivate before he said too much, thankfully.

I looked out my window, thinking. How should I tell her? Just straight up say it? Now was one of those moments that I really missed Tadashi. He may have been overprotective sometimes, but he had a much better idea of what to do in times like this.

I remembered what Tadashi had said, Look for a new angle. Look for a new angle, Hiro. Come on. I'm a genius who graduated high school when I was thirteen, I invented microbots and created six super suits. I can confess my feelings to (Y/n).

Suddenly, I had it; the perfect way to tell her. Grinning, I got up and walked downstairs, calling to Aunt Cass, "I'm heading to the store! I'll be back in a few minutes!" She came out of the kitchen, wiping her hands on her apron before hugging me, "Alright, sweetie. Stay safe, alright? Oh, and could you pick up some more sugar and eggs? We're completely out."

I nodded, "Sure thing, Aunt Cass. Oh! Last hug!" I hugged her tightly and dashed out the door, running down the sidewalk towards the store where (Y/n) and I first met. This was going to be great.

Y/N's POV:

I sighed, lying on my back, starring at the ceiling above my bed. I was so bored. My parents had taken my two and a half year old brother to see our grandparents for the day. I had voted on staying home, and was now regretting it. The first thing I had done was call Hiro to see if he could hang out, but his aunt had said that he was out running an errand.

I rolled over and looked out my window, thinking about Hiro. My crush on him had grown over the three years I had known him, and now all I wanted to do was tell him. I was just too afraid of ruining our friendship. Sighing, I closed my eyes, daydreaming about Hiro.

I must have jumped three feet in the air when the phone rang loudly. Groaning, I rolled off my bed and ran to answer the noisy thing, "Hello?"

"Hey (Y/n)!!" Hiro's voice sounded excited, and I felt myself grinning as I responded, "Hey Hiro!! What's going on?"

Hiro's voice was even more excited, if that was possible, "I've got a surprise for you! Can you come over to the cafe? Like now?"

I laughed, "Hiro, why are you so excited? I can be there in five minutes. Is that alright?"

I could practically see him grinning, "Yes, that will be great! See you in five, (Y/n)!!" I chuckled again as he hung up, and grabbed a jacket, shoving my (fav. shoes) on and darting out the door. Hiro's excitement was contagious, and I was dying to see what his surprise for me was.

I reached the cafe, a little out of breath, but excited and grinning. I opened the door, welcomed inside by the bell. Aunt Cass looked up, "Oh, (Y/n)! It's so good to see you! Hiro's upstairs in the living room."

I nodded, "Thanks Aunt Cass!" I wove through the tables and headed up the stairs, "Hiro? I'm here!"

Hiro appeared at the top of the stairs, grinning at me, although a light blush covered his cheeks, "Hey (Y/n)! You ready for your surprise?" I reached him and nodded, "Sure am! I ran the whole way here, I was that excited!"

He smiled at me, and took my hand, causing me to blush slightly as we went up to his room. As soon as we walked through the doorway, he let go of my hand like it was a hot iron. I was a little confused by this, but shrugged it off, "So, what's my surprise?"

Hiro looked at me, now blushing rather red, "I uh... I made something for you, since, you know... I'm not the greatest at saying things." He pointed to his desk, and frowning, I walked over.

On the surface, spelled out in gummy bears, were the words, "(Y/n) I've had a crush on you for years now. If you feel the same way, would you please eat one gummy bear?"

I blushed at his sweetness, and gently reached out and picked up a gummy bear. Turning to face Hiro, I popped it into my mouth, grinning hugely. His eyes went wide, and he walked forward, taking my hands in his, "You do?"

I giggled and nodded, swallowing, "Yes it does, Hiro. I've had a crush on you for years too." Hiro's eyes sparkled and he hugged me. I hugged back, but then lost my balance and we both fell onto his bed. We stared at each other for a minute, then burst out laughing.

Once we were calmer, Hiro pressed his forehead against mine, "I really like you, (Y/n). I have ever since I bumped into you in the candy isle."

I giggled and kissed him. He seemed a little surprised at first, but then one arm went around my waist while the other went behind my neck, pulling me closer as he kissed back. I pulled away, needing to breathe, and licked my lips, "You taste like gummy bears, Hiro."

He blushed, "So do you, (Y/n)." I giggled, "I guess I really do have a thing for sweetness. Cause I really like you too, Hiro. You're the sweetest guy I've met. I'm glad I went to get gummy bears that day. If I hadn't, I might never have met you."

He chuckled and kissed me briefly, "We both have a thing for sweetness, (Y/n). Gummy bears, and each other."

Author's note: Wow, that was cheesy. Sorry, well, not really. I like cheesy, I'll admit. I hope you all enjoyed this part two, and please do vote and comment if you enjoyed! I love reading comments from you all. Each one makes me smile!

Okay, I've got an idea for another one shot, but I don't know whether to make it a Tadashi x Reader or a Fred x Reader. Let me know what you would rather have in the comments! =D

OH MY GOODNESS, THIS BOOK IS LIKE 3 OR 4 DAYS OLD AND ALREADY WE HAVE 101 READS!!!!!!!! YOU ARE ALL AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay awesome, my readers! Until the next update!

~RosebudLavender