Chapter One

My first rider was when I was about eight in human years and about pre-teen in dragon years. She was a nice woman. Blond hair always pulled back into a nice pony tail and the warmest brown eyes I have ever seen. Her name was Amy.

She taught me how to fly quick and enjoy what life gives you both good or bad.

I still remember that day when I was with her in the meadows and she was keeping watch with me by her side just in case there was a creature trying to sneak in the city. She wasn't that worried about creatures getting in. She was singing lullabies and soon I fell asleep.

I could still hear her whispering things into my ear, telling to me to keep the secret and to keep it in silence. She always told me not to talk, not to use my voice.

When I woke up, I was back in the cave and everyone was running back and forth.

They said there was an attack where I was, but how did I end up here? Why was Amy dead and I alive? What really happened to her?

Jesse, snap out of it and let's go, Eric said in my mind, the humans are coming to see if we are any of their dragons.

Eric was one of my friends, he hated the humans and wished he could just be free. But he didn't know about me, he didn't know that I was different. My best friend who has been there with me this entire time that trusts me completely doesn't know that I am different.

He had spiky green hair and dark orange with black eyes. The eyes are the same color as their dragon scales. I want to see his dragon one of theses days.

Sorry, I said in his mind, I'm just remembering what happened when I was younger.

He nodded like he understood. He knew some of what happened, but not the whole thing. There are things that need to be keep, even from friends.

Well lets go or we'll be late! The faster we get this over with, the better!

Not bothering with changing into our dragon forms, we ran through the woods and dodge trees and their roots. Most of us lived in the huge cave where all of our homes are built into, and the others live with their riders. We live in small rooms human refer to as small apartments. These are our homes.

For special events, meetings, or just to simply hang out, we go to the meadow. During the years we tend to it, added benches, and natural made seats in the meadow. We made it into our own public hangout and meeting place.

Hey Jesse and Eric!Kassandra said, The humans are going to arrive soon!

She was exited, Kassandra hasn't had a rider yet. She was hoping for a female rider for her first like Amy.

Kassandra had short fiery red hair poking in every direction with sparkling color of green, purple, pink, and blue for her eyes, but her eyes were green for most of the time.

Fellow friends!The king said, today the human will be visiting us if you haven't heard of  yet! They are looking for their dragon today. Be exited, some of you will have to go with them if they are guards of the city.

There was a whispers of good and of bad among us.

Silence! Now everyone be polite to our guest don't do anything stupid.

Eric grunted next to me.

After the visit, we'll have a bomb fire back at the cave and have a feast with the remaining dragons! And now please welcome the humans. He turned as the humans came flowing in from the south. They were many, but we are more. Please group in with your age!The king commanded.