Chasing Wonderland

Thud. Thud. Thud.

All that's in my mind right now is I gotta run as fast as I can. I have to find the way out. This must be a dream. Please Lord, let this be a dream.

_______________

It all started when my friends and I went to the meadows for a picnic. After we settled in a comfortable spot beneath a big, towering tree, we run around the area, chasing butterflies, chasing each other. It was then when I saw a butterfly with utteringly amazing colors. It was so unique I had to follow it, catch it, intending to put it in a mason jar I had along with me. I should've known. This scenario is in every freaking children stories I've read before. A sweet, innocent, unsuspecting girl will always be lured to a lair. A lair where there are monsters and there's no escape. Or I where I might get beheaded by a Red Queen. I should've known. But I let my curiosity take place and I continue to follow the unique, bright butterfly, deep into the forest. I should've known better... But I didn't.

_______________

So now, I am clutching my knees, sitting on the rocky pavement here in the cave I've been travelling for God knows since when, beside a boy, with a deep sea eyes and disheaveled brown hair, who is claiming himself as a "demigod"---- whatever that means --- guarded by a green monster with snake hairs, with a body so disgusting I never really looked into closely so I can't really do much explaining it. Just looking at her---at least I know it is a "her"--- makes me wanna vomit. A tiny bit of noise will make her whip us again, so I can't even chat with this poor boy beside me. Neither did I know his name.

______________

It felt like I've been here for ages. How did I even get here? I am thirsty, hungry, and aching from the wounds brought about by whipping. I wish "she" fall asleep.... Please Lord, let her fall asleep. I want to go home.

_____________

"She's gone."

(Yawning) "Ww w what? who is gone?"

"Wake up kid, it's our time to escape, so here's the plan."

"Hussshhh.. Wait a minute. Not so fast. You say kid like you ARE so old. We look the same age."

"No time for those chats. I've got to get out of here. I am on a quest."

"Woaaahhhh there. That's deep. You could've just said TASK, I would've understood better."

"Ssshhhh Tone down your voice. So here's what will do, we will run."

"Yeah, that DEFINITELY makes sense."

"Gods, will you just stop talking??"

"Why DO you refer God in PLURAL?"

"Jusssst, hmmmm ok. I am a demigod. That means that I am a son of a Greek God. My father is Poseidon, Poseidon is-"

"I know who Poseidon is. Continue." (This can't be happening.)

"I just can't figure out why Kampê will have an interest in making you a captive. You look soooo MORTAL."

"Thanks. I get that a LOT."

"No. Sorry. I mean, I am not really brainy. My girlfriend even calls me Seaweed Brain--"

"Figures"

"Will you stop interrupting?"

".,,"

"Good. So. I was saying, I don't really know why Kampê, the monster guarding us, will have an interest in you. Maybe Annabeth could figure it out. But I am guessing you are just like Rachel with a power to see beyond the Mist. I should get you to Argo II."

"Ok. Just keep throwing me names I know nothing of."

"Did I just tell you to--- never mind. So, how did a brunette, 17-something girl like you, end up here?"

"I was following a butterfly with yellow, orange, teal, black colors. Then the next thing I know, I was entering this cave which is surrounded by the most beautiful yellow flowers I've seen."

"Aha. Just one question. How could you be that clueless that you were being led on to a trap? Your story looks so similar with Alice in Wonderland. How could you be that stu--"

"Hush. I know ok. What's the plan? We have to get out of here soon."

"Yes. Ok. The plan. We run to the end of the tunnel and then jump."

"What? No jumping!"

"Can't you hear the waters? There's a falls at the end of this. I could try to manipulate the water so we will be safe."

"Being SAFE is overrated."

"Yeah ok. If you say so. I can't always talk mortal, so, you ready?"

"Wwwaaaiiittt. What's that? It was just a pen earlier!"

"No time for chats. Run!"
______________

So we run towards the end of this hellhole. The cave tunnel seem to go on forever. At first few minutes, no one found out that we were gone. So we continue to run.

RUN!

A flock of monsters is nearly behind us now, led by the biggest snake I've ever seen in my entire life. He looks like he'd eaten hundreds of people judging by his size.

RUN!

I stumbled but the Son of Poseidon helpped me up. No time to feel the ache. I sure love the perfect function of my Adrenaline right now. Fight or Flight. Now, we choose flight.

RUN!

"I can hear the waters loudly now. We are few yards away. Be prepared to jump!"

Thud. Thud. Thud.

The most beautiful night sky came into my view. It was so beautiful. With all the bright stars, constellations I think. I'll be damned if this isn't wonderland. It made me feel no longer tired, no longer in a hurry, no longer being chased by monsters.

I was just inhaling the view when the boy said:
"JUMP!"

So we jumpped for almost a mile I think. I was preparing myself for a hard crash, but the water behind me felt like a feather pillow and we were just lying above the water--- and is it even possible that we aren't wet at all? Gosh, this boy has some amazing skills.

I looked up to the sky, to get back to the beauty of it, but a big-- is that a flying ship?-- was blocking the view, firing ballista at the monsters, who are now at the opening of the cave. Is that a goat man loading ballista? I'm was so confused I was already seeing things.

We got off the waters and lied down the yellow flower filled ground. I'm not a genius, but I knew the people in the flying ship are this boy's allies. So we lay there, waiting for them to hail their presence to the earth.

The ship landed nearby, and I saw a bunch of teenagers who can all represent a country in a United Nations Assembly-- One boyband type handsome blonde with a Native American beauty beside him, one African American girl holding her hands with a beefy Chinese jock, one African American boy in coveralls with a mischievous grin--and is that his girlfriend? How did a guy like him get a goddess? Oh! and there's that goat man again. This is so confusing.

Then a blonde beautiful girl with stormy gray eyes came running towards us. She looks like Alice if this is Wonderland.

"Seaweed brain!!!"

"Oh! That's your girlfriend!Good catch!" I said, while dodging his elbow.

They hugged. Is she crying? What a romantic reunion.

"So.. are you coming aboard?" Said the Son of Poseidon

"I don't really think I have a better choice."