Chapter 2: Survivors

I walked into a destroyed shop and rummaged through the place looking for clothing. I was able to find a pair of black spandex, a white skirt, black socks that went up to just below my knees, brown boots, a black t-shirt, cool thick goggles, and a a brown belt. I got dressed into my new attire and snuck out of the shop.

I looked around the abandoned city. I noticed a black tipped over motorcycle. I rushed to it and picked it up. The keys were laying on the ground, only a few feet away from the motorcycle. I picked up the keys and started the motorcycle. I pulled my goggles down over my eyes, and hopped onto the motorcycle and drove off.

I drove for a hours, passing destroyed cities along the way. All of sudden the motorcycle went out of control. My eyes widened as the motorcycle flipped with me still holding on. I closed my eyes as I hit the pavement. I was somersaulting with the motorcycle. The weight of the motorcycle on me hurt like crazy. I took my grip off of the motorcycle and threw myself off of it. My knees and arms skidded the pavement painfully. I wouldn't have been surprized if I had a road rash.

I lifted myself up off the road and painfully walked over to the motorcycle. There was an arrow sticking out of the front tire. Somebody had shot the motorcycle.

“Who’s there?” I shouted out. There was an eerie silence. I sighed and shouted, “My name’s Hero Winged. I’m a non-human and I’m looking to stop the war that’s been going on.”

“So you’re a non-human,” a voice said from behind me. I turned around and saw a boy who looked to be eighteen. He had wolf ears and a wolf tail. I nodded.

“You don’t look like a non-human,” a girl replied as she stepped out of her hiding place. She had small horns and her skin had patches of scales. She looked to be my age, but older by a few months. She gave a pout as she retracted her horns and patches of scales faded away.

“I agree. This might be a trap,” a boy with glasses said. He looked just a year older than me.

“Well, you don’t look non-human either,” I pointed out to the boy with glasses. The boy smiled as his skin began to blend in with the background. “Ok, never mind,” I replied, looking at the ground.

“Do you have any special abilities?” a strong looking boy said as he put a hand on my shoulder. I guessed that the boy must have super strength.

“Telekinesis, electrokinesis, I’m a fast runner, I have avian lungs, I can see into the future, I have better eyesight, and I used to have wings,” I replied to them all.

The girl turned her head with a pout, “She’s probably lying! Avians are extremely rare nowadays, especially winged ones.”

“Um...so what are your guys names?” I asked after a moment of awkward silence.

“My name’s Rover!” the boy with wolf ears and a wolf tail said with a smile and a wink. He seemed nice and playful.

“The name is Lizzy,” the girl replied with a tone of importance. I could tell that her and I weren’t gonna get along very well. She already was acting like she mattered more than anybody else and that the world revolved around her.

“I’m Ed,” the boy with glasses replied. He seemed a bit quiet but at least I might have a chance to get along with him, unlike some prissy queen.

“And I’m Brawn,” the tough guy said as he pat me on the back.

“Cool. Like I said before, my name’s Hero Winged,” I said.

“Is anybody listening to me?! We can’t trust her! She has no proof that she’s a non-human!” Lizzy growled with frustration.

“She’s gotta point,” Ed replied. Okay, so maybe I wouldn’t get along with Ed.

“Okay, okay. How’s about this. We bring you along with us, but if by the end of this month you can’t prove that you’re a non-human we’ll have to kill you,” Brawn said.

“Okay,” I replied. On the outside I was keeping my cool, but on the inside I was pretty much freaking out, but this was better than nothing. Besides I had a month to prove my “innocence” so to say.