Midnight Encounters

~First Person~

That night, I had the hardest time trying to fall to sleep. It was as if my brain was pulling me around the room, begging for to me to dance with my dark thoughts. I had grown tired of it's petty attempts to keep me awake so I decided a quick walk outside should allow me to clear my mind.

I didn't try to cover myself up and walked out of my room with nothing but my white night gown on. It stopped at my knees, and grew tight an inch and a half below my breast. The straps laid in-between my bicep and shoulder but still keeping my neck line up. My hair swayed freely, as the sound of my bare feet tapped against the hard floor.

I held onto a tiny white candle, that lit my way down the hall. I was walking past Lord Ciel's study when my body was pressed against someone else's. My e/c eyes stared at the owner's chest, before traveling up to meet one crimson eye and one covered one.

"Oh forgive me, My Lord. I was trying to find my way out to the garden, the night has not been kind to me." I explained while I bowed respectful to him. Ciel's eye only left mine to inspect what I was wearing before finding it's way back to mine.

"It's quite alright, I must have lost track of time at my desk again. Would you like me to walk you there?" He replied, offering me his arm and turning so his right side faced me. I smiled at him and took it grateful to have a guide.

As we walked down the hall, moon light slid through the window making Lord Ciel's skin nearly glow. His eye glistened because of my candle, and I couldn't help but stare at him in awe. However, I forced myself to look away, and as we walked by another window I noticed the stars shining. I stropped us in front of it; I never got to take the time to actually examine them, I've spent most of my life in darkness.

"The moon wouldn't be quite as captivating without it's starlit back drop, don't you think My Lord?" I asked in awe, as I tilted my head up and looked at the night sky. I set my candle on the windowsill before I pressed the tips of my fingers against the glass and slowly glided them over it; feeling it's slightly chilled exterior.

"I disagree, beauty does not depend itself on others, it just simply exist where it is granted." He answered, while I thought he was following my gaze. However, when I turned to look at him he was staring at me, with a sincere look appearing on his feature.

I could feel my cheeks flare up, and to hide it I went to pick up my candle. I must have moved to quickly, when I brought it up the flame disappeared leaving use standing there in mild darkness.

"The moonlight suits you." I heard Lord Ciel whisper in my right ear, matter of factly not allowing any emotion to seep through if there was any.

"Oh Lord Ciel, you flatter me." I said, as we began to walk down the hallway again before taking a sharp turn, and appearing at a stair case.

"Please, call me Ciel when we're alone" He said before bowing his head and kissing the back of my hand. I gave him a soft smile before he spoke quietly. "I hope you are able to find sweet dreams, dove."

"I hope you do as well, Ciel." I gave him a curtsy, before he returned my smile warmly and went in the direction of the stairs. I traced a circle around the back of my hand where his lips met my skin before I opened the door that lead me into the night.

I felt the rough concrete beneath my feet, as I walked down the stairs and into the damp grass. The wind wasn't cold but it did cause goose bump to rise on top of my s/c skin. The sound of rustling leaves filled the air and I used this as my music to twirl too. I spun in the moonlight, causing the skirt of my gown to wrap itself around me when I switched directions.

The drops of water on my feet shined when the moon's light hit it just right. I wrapped my fingers around a thin tree and swayed with my eyes closed. I was interrupted however when I pressed against a firm chest.

I took a step back and looked up to see raven hair and crimson eyes. His hair gleamed under the night sky and his skin had a slight glow. At the sight of him, my heart skipped at his handsomeness and his closeness. Sebastian's lips formed an amused smile, before he spoke to me in his chillingly smooth voice. "Please, don't let me prevent you from continuing. Your movements are elegant, and your eyes glow when you're next to the rose bushes."

I narrowed my eyes at him, before placing a foot on his right and twirling around him. I glided through the garden, spinning as my feet barely touched the grass. I felt his presence before I saw Sebastian, dancing with around me in the same swift movements.

We waltzed together but never touched, just simply circled one and other in sync. As my movements were feminine and graceful, his were precise and masculine. Our dance soon came to end however, when I slipped on a wet pebble.

I felt strong arms catch me before I hit the ground and in a way it was as if this was our finally move. As he was dipping me, his eyes never left mine until he lifted me back up and sat me up straight.

I was about to thank him when something caught my eye. In the bush of lilacs, grew a single white rose not knowing it isn't meant to be there. I went up to it, and slid my fingers over one of it's silk like petals.

"Its very selcouth." I observe letting go of it's petal as Sebastian approached me. (selcouth- adj. unfamiliar, rare, strange but marvelous. Pronounced sel-kooth).

"Indeed it is, Lady y/n." He replied before reaching down to pick it from where it grew. I grabbed his wrist before he had the chance however.

"It isn't our place to kill it, the thorns will cut you as well." I interrupted, letting go of his wrist and looking over at him. He looked at me curiously and in some form of awe I didn't quite understand.

He recollected himself before his voice traveled through the air and found me. "The thorns are the most beautiful part. Those willing to endear whatever pain they have to offer, are granted the rose to keep." As he spoke his gloved fingers, traced lightly over my cheek, his eyes locking with mine; his words seemed to be referencing something more than just the rose.

Just then a gust of wind swept through the garden causing both of us to draw closer to shield ourselves from it. As it died down we separated very little and my eyes grew heavy.

"I think it is time for me to return to my chambers." My voice barely audible but still being heard by the butler.

"Of course." Sebastian agreed, I felt his breathe against my cheek before he took a step back. I curtsied to him as well to bid my goodnight when he stopped me as I turned to leave. "Lady y/n, excuse me for keeping you but allow me to offer you this." He asked, before handing me a small branch of lilacs. " I suppose killing is in my nature, I am a monster after all." He added in almost an ironic mock of the words he's heard plenty of times.

"Perhaps, but if a man can become a monster, why can't a monster become a man? Goodnight Sebastian." I said with a serious but caring look, delicately holding the lilac strand; turning once again to leave. However, I felt his hand wrap around my wrist and pull me back before softly kissing my cheek.

"Goodnight, I hope precious thoughts twirl around you as you sleep Kitten." He said back with an arrogant smirk before disappearing into the garden. I turned for the last time, cupping my cheek where his lips just were before entering the manor. I followed the same path Ceil took me on, sliding my finger over the window Ceil and I stopped at, as I glided past it.

Once I arrived back to my room, I placed the lilacs on my night stand and crawled into bed. I thought of both demons that night, and secretly hoped this wouldn't be the last of our midnight encounters.