Chapter 17: The Day Goes On

*JACKSON*

I woke up beside Maya and
ever since she got pregnant, she has slept in really weird positions.
She was now currently to her side, had an arm around my chest and her legs were all over the place.
I decided to do something for her so I carefully went down to the kitchen and made her some breakfast.
I also had a plan, I would assemble the baby's room and I would tell Gianna to take her to the mall meanwhile, but I would keep it all a secret.

I put the plate with the eggs and bacon on a tray with a glass of chocolate milk on the side.
I went upstairs and entered our room to see Maya sitting in the bed and watching TV while she rubbed her belly.
I swear, every time I look down at her stomach, I always think it's gonna explode.

"Good morning sweetheart."
I say, placing the tray in the bed and leaning over to her to give her a sweet kiss on her forehead.

"Good morning." She said with a smile across her face while she took the tray.

"I have a great day planned out for you." I said.
"Hmm really?." She said taking a sip of her chocolate milk.

"Gianna will pick you up in a bit to take you shopping for anything you need." I said kissing her soft cheek.
"Oh god, you should've told me sooner!" She said finishing the food in seconds and rushing to the closet.

I waited for her downstairs and mind linked some of the men and told them that as soon as Maya left, they would come to the house and help me with the baby's room.

I am so glad I had bought everything for the room weeks ago, but I never told Maya about it.

Maya came down the stairs carefully and I was immediately by her side helping her down the last few steps.
"Where's Gia?" She asked looking around the living room.
"Oh she's on her way, I just granted her entrance to the territory." I said holding her hand and helping her sit on the couch.

In 5 minutes, we heard a car honking and I went with Maya to the door.
Before she went out the door, she wrapped her arms around me and hugged me tightly.
"I love you." she said whispering in my ear and walking over to the car.

"I love you too." I said through our mind link.

As soon as she left, many of my friends and guards came over.
"Hey my man!" A friend of mine, Nick, said giving me a bro hug.
Nick was my best friend all the way since pre-school.
He found his mate 2 years ago on a trip to Greece and they already have 3 beautiful kids that were all 5 years old. yep, triplets.

I ordered some men to carry boxes, and others to help assemble the things. I didn't worry about painting because I had already done that last week while Maya slept.
I had told Gia to take all day if she needed, in order for us to have plenty of time to work on this.

I placed the crib beside the wall, placed the dresser across it and I put the rocking chair close to the crib.

I had bought small little details like the fluffy blankets, a rug in the middle and lots of big and fluffy plush toys.
The biggest was a pink elephant that I had put on top of a shelf Nick helped assemble.

I finished in 3 hours and sent the men home.

"Good luck with the new baby." Nick said taking out a small box from a bag he had.
"It's for the baby." He said handing me the box and walking away.

I put it on top of the white dresser and went out the room. Before I left, I took another look at how everything came out and I internally smiled while I closed the door.

It was 5pm, so I decided to make dinner for when Maya arrives.
I cooked spaghetti and meatballs. Made a salad and managed to place it all on the dining table.
I put candles and fancy plates with glasses. There was an Ice bucket in a corner of the dining room and I turned on the radio and put a CD with slow music.
I dressed nicely with a black button up, put my hair back and waited for Maya to arrive.

Just when I was going to the kitchen to get the fruit bowl I heard the door slam open.

"Jackson? Baby? Im home! I got all these cute little clothes for the baby, and you are so not gonna believe what happen-" she said walking over to the kitchen with about 3 bags filled with things but she stopped talking once she saw what I had made.

"Wow, what's the occasion?" She said placing the bags on the ground and walking towards me, not taking her sight off the dining room.
"None" I said.

I guided her to the chair and poured her some water on the glass and I sat on the seat across from her.

"So what was it that happened today?" I ask serving us food.

"Oh yea, well, Gia and I were walking to the stores and when we were passing by one of the stores, this guy came out of nowhere and yelled 'MINE' and walked over to Gianna. She was so surprised she found her mate but when he came over they just kissed. Just like that." She said snapping her fingers at the last two words.

"So you were with another guy?" I said growling at the thought of another man close to my mate.
"Yes, but he was of great use, he helped us with the bags." She said laughing a little.

We finished eating and Maya walked over to me and leaned to me and kissed me passionately.
I held her neck and pulled her as close to me as I could.
"I have something to show you." I whispered in her ear.

"Really?! What?" She asked very surprised.
"Guess you'll have to find out." I said taking my hands and placing them over her eyes.
I guided her carefully up the stairs and through the hall until we reached the door.
"You ready?" I asked.

"Yes" she said with a very excited tone in her voice.

I opened the room's door and took my hands from her eyes.

*MAYA*

As soon as Jackson took his hands off my eyes, I was left breathless.

He had made the baby's room and it was so perfect.
Everything was beautiful and well organized.
I went over to the crib and ran my fingers through the soft wood, knowing that soon my baby will be occupying it.
I turned around and saw Jackson leaning on the doorway.
I ran to him and wrapped my arms around him, embracing him in a tight hug.
Tears peaked their way to the corner of my eyes and spilled over my cheeks out of joy.
"Thank you Jackson, I love you so much." I say snuggling my head in the crook of his neck.

"I love you too. I knew you'd love it." He said kissing my forehead.
After what seemed like ages being in the baby's room, we went to our room.
I took a shower after Jackson and then we laid in bed watching TV.

"Jackson?" I say
"Mmm?" He says mumbling.
"Remember the name list?" I ask him reaching over to my bedside table and grabbing the name list.

"Maybe we should add more options." I suggested

"Sure" He said taking the pen.

"Ok I got one." He said clicking the pen and writing the name on the list.
"Ila?" I asked him looking at the name on the list.

"Y yea, it's unique." he said handing me back the pen.
"Hmmm, so far we have:
Amber, Chloe, Hallie and Ila."
I said looking at the list.

"I like them." he said taking the list off my hands, placing it on his bedside table and placing a protective arm around me.

"Good night Jackson." I said, but he was already long gone.
I turned off the TV, kissed his cheek and snuggled closer to him.

___________________________________________________________________________

Guyyysssss thanks for all the viewers.

This is yet another chapter, hope you liked it and stay tuned for more.

See ya.