Chapter 23: It's Okay

Evan's POV:

BANG!

Everything was so surreal. It was going too fast. It went from Ohm's limp corpse silently collapsing onto the floor to an intense ringing sensation in my ears. How was that even possible?

I couldn't hear a thing, my ears were ringing so loud. All I could do was see; all I could do was watch.

I watched as everyone froze, eyes wide open as Toonz released Jonthan abruptly and collapsed over him, blood spluttering from the back of his head.

I watched as Tyler appeared from behind him, lowering a slightly smoking pistol. I watched as Craig spent no time rushing over to him, engulfing him in a massive hug. I watched as Tyler hugged back, hunching over to whisper in Craig's ear.

I watched as Nanners ripped off his mask, tears streaming down his face. I watched as he ran over to Ohm, shaking him in hopes to wake him up. I watched as he pulled off Ohm's red tube sock, revealing his lifeless face. I watched as he kissed Ohm's semi-cold lips, hoping to get a response, only to receive none.

I watched as Droidd smushed/hugged 407, relief flooding his features. I watched as his pulled away from 407 slightly, only to smash his lips onto the others. I watched as they pulled apart, tears slipping out of their eyes.

I watched everything unfold around me, only to do nothing. I watched as Jonathan began to stir. He cracked one eye open, confused as to why he couldn't move. Once he realized who was on him, I watched as he scrambled to get out from under Toonz's dead weight. I watched as Jonathan observed his surroundings.

His eyes landed on me for a brief second before looking at the others.

"We have to go," Tyler spoke, the ringing in my ears finally ceased. "That gunshot was louder than expected. Someone has probably called the police by now."

With that, he finally let go of Craig and heaved Toonz onto his broad shoulders. Nanners followed in pursuit, cradling Ohm in his arms.

Jonathan still stood there, confused as to what was going on.

Tyler made his way out of the apartment, and with one last sniffle, so did Nanners. Everyone followed, except Jonathan, who stood there still confused. I grabbed ahold of his wrist and dragged him with me. He stumbled quickly before yanking his hand away from mine. He followed us anyway as we followed Tyler out of one of the apartment's side doors.

We hustled to the back ally, where a lone truck was parked.

Tyler went up to the truck and threw in Toonz's dead body, along with Nanners. After the bodies were secured in the back of the truck, Tyler laid a black tarp over them, concealing the bodies.

They both turned to face us, blood stained their clothes. We all stood still for a second, unsure if we were to make the first move or not.

"Well, do you guys know of a place to dispose of the bodies?" Tyler asked, breaking the silence. We all nodded, quietly muttering yes, except for Jonathan. He looked even more confused than ever.

"Okay well, show me the way. My truck's a four-seater-- five people can fit if you're willing to sit in the middle seat--, so a couple of you are going to have to have drive separately," Tyler explained, walking over to the driver side of his truck.

Craig immediately followed, and rushed over to the passenger side. Nanners begrudgingly followed, his head low and feet dragging across the ground. Jonathan walked behind Nanners, mumbling that he was okay with being the middle-seat bitch. With a quick glance at 407 and Droidd, I jogged over to the truck, claiming the last seat.