Chapter 1

"Can you believe it? It's already fifth-year!" Lily asked her best friend at the Hogwarts Express platform whilst fiddling with her Prefects badge.

"Yeah." Severus sighed "It's amazing how time flies when you're having fun, isn't it Lils? Seems only yesterday we were here for the first time."

"O.W.L's now," Lily said dejectedly. We'll have so much studying to do.  I really wish we were in the same house Sev. I feel like we drift apart at school because of our differences.

Before Severus could respond to her,his fellow Slytherins called up to him, "Hey Severus" they said.

Severus shot Lily an apologetic look before walking over to the group of Slytherins. They gave Lily disgusted looks at the mere sight of her, what with her being a muggle-born and all.

Lily went back to her parents. "Bye mum. Bye dad." She said with a hint of sadness at the farewell.

"Have a great year, Lily." her mother, Rose, beamed happily," Remember to write!"

Her dad gave her a comforting hug but Petunia, her sister, looked at her in disgust.

"Freak," she sniffed. Can't wait for another lovely year without a witch in the house. If I were you, I wouldn't even come home for Christmas. I won't be surprised if u return this summer puking slugs with little witch warts all over your face!" She hissed before turning away in contempt.

Lily blinked back tears as her older sister walked away. She and Petunia had been as close as pages of a book until Lily had met Severus that fateful day all those years ago. The sad distance between them was eternally sealed when she received her Hogwarts letter. Not to mention Vernon Dursley's influence on her ever since they started dating. For Vernon and Lily it had been nothing but hate at first sight.

Lily went off inside the Hogwarts Express to find her three friends: Marlene, Alice and Mary

"Lily!" Someone squealed from behind her, slamming straight into her"

"Marlene!" Lily gasped excitedly. "How was your summer?"

"It was great, but I missed Hogwarts." Marlene said. "How was yours?"

"It was okay, I guess. Apart from Petunia still being so unbelievably stupid." Lily replied.

"Is she still dating Dursley?" Marlene asked.

Lily sighed in exasperation. "Yes. You have no idea how much I hate him. He and Petunia have gotten so close. "

Marlene looked at Lily sympathetically. 'Sorry Lils. At least you're here now though!"

"No, it's alright. I'll join you and the girls as soon as I'm done with the Prefects meeting."

She walked towards the Prefects carriage, bumping into the one person she did not want to meet.

"Potter," Lily sneered in disgust.

"Alright, Evans?" He asked in that annoying tone of his.

"I'll be absolutely fine. As long as you promise to leave Severus alone this year." Lily  snapped in annoyance.

"Haha," James chuckled. "I'm sorry Lily, but I can't promise that," he laughed cheekily.

"Ugh! Please tell me you're not a Prefect."

"Prefect?! Dumbledore would be completely off his rocker for sure if he ever allowed that to happen. Nah that's my good friend Moony." James laughed.

"Remus has always been my favourite Marauder," Lily stated." He's the least annoying and at least has some brains in that head of his. Peter's alright too. You and Black however..."

"Ouch, Evans. That hurt," James said, pulling a sad face and curling his bottom lip, which Lily could not help but smirk at.

"I meant it to," she said, "You'd better leave Severus alone this year or I'll...I'll" she hesitated.

"What will you do, Evans?" James laughed.

"I'll hex you!" Lily shouted at him, walking away.

"Will you go out with me, Evans?" James said laughing as he followed.

"Yuck!" Lily snarled. "I'd rather go out with the Giant Squid!"

"That can be arranged!" James said cheekily.

"SHUT UP POTTER!" she yelled, storming into the Prefects Carriage and sitting down next to Remus Lupin.

"Tell your best friend not to be such an oaf," Lily hissed at Remus.

"Oh no. Not again. Was it Sirius or James?" Remus sighed.

"You know the one," Lily said. "Potter."

Lily scanned the Prefects Carriage. Unfortunately Severus was not a Prefect. The slytherin Prefect pair were Simon Nott and Victoria Parkinson, both who sneered upon Lily because of her blood status. Lily knew that Nott was one of Severus's so called 'Slytherin friends'. She could not understand why he ever hung out with them. They were not like him at all!

The head boy and girl explained what their duties would be as Prefects, and how they could award and deduct points from anyone except for their fellow Prefects. Lily grinned. Finally time for revenge against the Marauders for everything they had done to Severus.

Lily left the Prefects Carriage to sit next to her friends.

"Lils!" Mary and Alice both hugged her before she sat down.

"How was the Prefects meeting?" Marlene asked curiously.

Lily shrugged, "Okay, I guess. I ran into Potter though," she said, her face twisting into a sneer. "Now that I'm a Prefect I can give Potter what he deserves.

Marlene, Alice and Mary looked at each other before turning to Lily slowly. "Lils, we've been talking, and we, uh, think that you're being a little, umm, harsh... towards James Potter." Alice stated.

Lily reddened in defiance, to match the colour of her fiery hair. "I am not!" she said indignantly. "You should see what he does to Sev."

"You're drifting off topic, Lils," Mary said. " Why do you even talk to Severus anyway? He's evil, I'm telling you! Evil! Did you see what his friend Mulciber did to Tom last year?"

"Lily nodded. "I know it was wrong. But Sev is definitely not like that."

"Speaking of Tom," Marlene giggled, "what's going on between the two of you?"

The girls giggled as Alice blushed. "Nothing. What about you and Sirius, Marlene?"

They all giggled again, and the more the topic drifted, the closer they got to Hogwarts.

Hey! This is hufflepuff31! I just want to say thanks for reading this. If you liked it, please don't forget to leave a vote. Also any feedback u have, both good and bad, would be appreciated. Thank you :D