Chapter 12

I have been living with Roman and the Iron claw pack for a week and apparently he still didn't have the time to talk with me.

Every day was more or less the same routine. I would wake up relatively early to an empty and cold bed. I'd get ready for the day and eat breakfast with Alana before she would take me to the infirmary to visit her mother for tea and biscuits.

I called my mother every other day. She was still just so happy for me. She asked how I liked the pack and my home and everything. When she asked how Roman and I were doing I always just said fine. She mentioned once about our marking but I had gotten very embarrassed and said he was busy getting pack affairs in order that we were just waiting to have some time to get to know each first. She never asked again.

Then each day was a bit different. Alana loved taking me all around town to visit the pack. One day we went to a child's daycare where we played with the adorable young pups and even joined them as they went to a nearby park. Another day she took me to the main street in town to look at all of the beautiful shops and I met some of her friends who worked there. I have met a lot of people and they all were so kind and polite to me that I was starting to really get confused about why people thought this was such a formidable pack. Although, I still refused to go back to the training area and meet with the epsilon-warrior wolves, mostly because I didn't want to see that she-wolf again. I wasn't sure what my wolf would make me do.

One time we got back to the pack house around noon and I went into the kitchen to see Roman freshly showered and having something to eat before he planned to go out again. He was still just so beautiful to me and I was instantly drawn to him. I wanted him to hold me again. So I tried to take this opportunity to talk with him.

"How has your morning been?" I asked, just about desperate to get any kind of response at this point.

"Fine," he half grunted.

I sighed and my curiosity pushed me to talk to him more, "What do you even do every morning?"

His eyes had narrowed at me and I could see the muscles in his shoulders and neck tense up, "For your information, Scarlett, I have a lot to do in the mornings. Unlike you."

I rolled my eyes at that and my boldness surprised me but I went with it anyways, "Yes, I know. But what exactly do you do that requires you to get up so early?"

I saw Alana in the corner of my eye as she walked into the kitchen and she froze when she laid eyes on us. Taking in the situation, I watched as she quietly backed up and left us alone.

With my attention back on Roman now, I could see his temper rising, "Every morning I have to run the border and check in with all 30 posts to see if we had any breaches over night which easily takes up just under two hours of my time. Then I meet with my warriors and we train for three hours to protect the weak and innocent wolves, such as yourself."

The jab had hurt, because he was right, I'm not a very strong wolf and I've never had any kind of fight training. I had flinched back at his hateful tone. Tears pierced the backs of my eyes as I looked at him incredulously and asked, "Why do you hate me so much? What did I do to you?"

He growled low in his throat, as he looked me up and down, "You didn't do anything," he ground out through his clenched teeth, "You are just a weak little wolf. You don't understand anything."

My heart clenched painfully in my chest and my voice seemed to have disappeared on me and in seconds he was gone. Alana was suddenly wrapping her arms around me in a comforting hug but I refused to cry.

I wanted to be strong.

"I'm so sorry... Are you ok?" she asked gently.

I shook my head and started walking to the back gardens, "Yea, I'm great. Lets go do some gardening. It's too beautiful of a day to spend all of our time inside."

Then our days continued. By about mid afternoon Alana and I would usually be back at the pack house and do a bit of cleaning or gardening. As it was only a house for the Alpha, Beta and Gamma to live in permanently, along with their mates of course, we were the lucky ones to have to keep it clean.

Apparently there used to be two girls that came to cook and clean but Roman had recently told them to stop coming. When I had asked why, she seemed to shrug it off and said that they didn't need to be here anymore, and proceeded to quickly change the topic.

Dinner was always the same. I wasn't the best cook but Alana was more than happy to help teach me things and I was learning very quickly. Roman never ate with the four of us and even Ryder was starting to get very annoyed with him because a lot of the time Roman would tell him that he was coming, or would be a couple minutes late but would just never show. Maybe he was getting mad for my benefit because I was definitely starting to feel like he was ignoring and avoiding me now...

Jason was always quiet about it and just wouldn't get involved. Maybe as Gamma, being third in command, he didn't feel like he had much say in what he could and couldn't tell his Alpha to do. For the most part, as a Gamma, he just had to follow orders and report issues within the pack.

We would clean up dinner and that is when Roman usually decided to show up and quickly reheat something and take it to his office to eat because he had a lot of calls and paperwork to get done.

A couple times I had asked Roman if there was anything I could do to help. Maybe I could organize files or anything and the reaction was always the same.

"I don't need your help, Scarlett. You wouldn't know what to do anyways and I don't have the time tonight to explain anything to you."

Apparently he never had the time for me.

I would spend a lot of my evenings alone in bed just thinking to myself. A lot of the time I would find myself wondering if he ever went to see other females. The one warrior she-wolf in particular. He showered all throughout the day a lot, so it was possible that he could hide their scent very easily. My wolf always got sad at that thought and she used to try to tell me that he would never do that to us. But as the week wore on, she was starting to become more and more quiet about it.

I assumed that he always came to bed by the time I was curled up on the very edge of my side already sleeping because I never saw him.

Never once did he make an effort to touch me and if he ever did by accident, he was gone before I even realized it.

Even though I didn't understand why, I was starting to think that he regretted having me as a mate.

----------

©KatieLuvsTokioHotel

Sorry it's not very long, but I hope you still enjoyed the read.

Let me know what you think in a comment below!

Thanks :)