02. Before

"Wendy... .doesn't it sometimes feel like you could fall into space? Like gravity will cease to exist and you just fall?" Josie whispers. They both laid on the grass staring at the sky, she turns her head to study Wendy's reaction. Wendy was beautiful, a heart shaped face with kind blue eyes that always seemed to glow with mischief. She was also smart and the only one who never called Josie weird for asking the most inane questions.

"She is the adventure worth leaving everything for." Peter had said once and Josie couldn't help but agree. Wendy took risks and lived in the moment and that was one of the best things about her.

Raising both eyebrows Wendy turned to look at her, a look of confusion on her face. 
Peter, laying on a wooden bench with his hands holding his head not far from them laughed. "God Josie, you and your questions," he said before Wendy could answer.

"Oh shut up Peter Pan," Josie laughed. Abandoning the topic she stands up playfully sticking her tongue out at him. Peter only smiles in response. She walks over to him picking up a dark red blanket that had been on top of his book bag and wraps it around herself. Shoving his feet off the bench Josie laughs sitting down as he struggles not to fall completely off.

Across from them sitting on the grass Ebony throws her head back in laughter at something Carlos said. They both sat very close to each other, sharing a white blanket. Ebony tried to ignore the fall in her stomach at the sight of the two together. Ebony deserved him better, she knew, though Carlos himself was oblivious to her feelings and was always asking Josie out. It was a messy triangle but their friendship would always be the most important thing and nothing could change that.
It was a funny thing how they had found each other, a very long story that could never be told right if there was someone missing. 

It would be incomplete then.