Chapter Four

~Emarosa's POV

Yesterday's routine was about the same as today. I got up, took a shower, got ready for school then I debated on whether I should eat breakfast or not. And I usually don't, I'm just really hungry.

Tyler was still fast asleep in bed after I had tried multiple times to wake her up. I sighed as a feeling of hopelessness washed over me, but then an idea came along, and a smirk was plastered on my face.

I walked over to the closet, opened the door, and began searching quietly.

One minuet.
Two minuets.
Three minuets.

Minutes passed by while I was still searching, then my gaze landed on exactly what I was looking for. My little water gun pistol. I quickly grabbed it and went into the bathroom, filling it up with water.

As I sneaked out of the bathroom, I was to make sure Tyler was still asleep. Of course, she was.

I stood at the end of our bed, and I aimed the gun at her, pulling back the trigger. In an instant she was yelling and running around the room. "Emarosa!! You bitch!!" She screamed at me. "Thank you," I replied, smiling greatly at what I had just accomplished. "I was about to kiss Austin!! Till you woke me up!!!" She screamed at me, once again.

I gave her a confused look. "Austin? Austin who?" I asked, sitting on the end of the bed and resting the gun on my lap. "Austin Carlile, dumbass!" She yelled, going into the bathroom.

I laughed at what I had just done, and I laid back on the bed, waiting to Tyler to get done. I closed my eyes, and started to day dream.

Vic had his arms around my waist protectively, and I had mine around his neck. He was rambling on about he loved me and that he never wants to lose me. His voice faded away as I was getting lost in his dark brown eyes.

"Emarosa.... Emmmaarrrrossaa.... Hello?" I snapped out of the daze I was in, and looked at Vic. "Hmm?" I mumbled.

"Did you hear a word I said?" I shook my head.

"W-what did you say, Vic? I'm sorry.."

"No, don't be sorry," he smiled, "but you started talk about how you wanted to ki--" I cut him off, pressing my lips to his. He returned the kiss, and we both held it. Soon enough we had to break it, and he rested his forehead against mine. "I love you, Emarosa.." He said, placing a hand on my cheek.

We both stared and got lost into one another's eyes, until Vic started acting weird. "Emarosa! Em! Hello?! Wake up!"

"Vic, I am awake.."

"Emrosssaaaaaa!!"

"Vic?"

"Emarosa!" Tyler had said, very loudly, that made me jolt up. "Hmm? What??"

"You were sleeping. In ready! Cmon. Let's go. We're gonna be late!" she said, walking out of our room. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. That was only a dream... I pouted at myself. If only it were real... And with that, I was up and out the door.

--

When Tyler and I got off the bus and into the school, I decided to ask her about yesterday. "Hey, Tyler?"

"Hmm?" She said, looking at me and sitting on the floor. I sat next to her. "What was up at lunch yesterday?"

"A couple of kids got into a fight. It wasn't a big fight, no, but it was still a fight."

"Oh.."

"Yeah, and the principal came in and gave us all silent lunch."

"For uh, how long?"

"Rest of this week," she replied. I let out a sigh of relief. Since it was Wednesday, I could handle the rest of this week with silent lunch.

We didn't talk much afterwards, we just listened to our music and watched the other kids come in. I guess you could say we were the 'emos' of the school. We never did get hateful comments about what we like, what we wear, or anything else, but we were still pretty ignored by everyone.

Even though we were never really bullied, we were ignored. Not that it bothered Tyler and I, it would just feel a little better if you didn't feel invisible all the time. The only attention we get around here is from the staff, and occasionally a jock or two.

You see, before I started living with Tyler, I had really popular friends. Well, only like two popular friends. Tyler and I had been friends for years now, and we met in the seventh grade. Over the summer when I was going into the ninth grade, my parents had kicked me out and I've been living with Tyler ever since.

For everyone who is out there wondering why I got kicked out in the first place, I think I should tell you to clear things up. My parents, or should I say parent now, we're both alcoholics and drug addicts. Last summer, my mom died in a car accident and my dad used drugs and alcohol to handle his depression. Both of my parents were wasted when I was kicked out, but the words still stung.

~~Flashback~~

"You!" my drunken mom said, stumbling into my bedroom. "You...you're a screw up...a mmistakke..." My eyes have started to form tears, threatening to fall. "W-what?" I tried asking her. I knew it was no use to talk to her in this state, it just hurt. "A ffffffuuck up..." she slurred. I couldn't take it anymore. I bet Dad was in the same drunken stage as my mom, wasted, but it was still worth a try.

I quickly ran out of my room, pushing back my mom with tears streaming down my face. "D-dad!?" I called out, praying he wasn't wasted or at least hardly intoxicated.

I ran into the living room, finding him laid out on the couch, holding a bottle of Jack Daniels. "D-dad..?" I asked again, cautiously walking in front of him. "Mmm...wwhat?" he slurred. Great. He was also wasted.

Mom had managed to stumble her way to the living room, looking at me like I was a piece of shit. Oh yeah. She called me a fuck up. The tears have stopped falling, but they stained my cheeks.

"Ggggggeeet outttttt," Mom slurred. "W-what?" I stuttered out, my eyes begging for me to cry again. "Llleavve..." she said, turning towards Dad. "Sssshhhes a mmistake, David...Aaaa mmistake.." Dad had looked at her, smiling as if he was agreeing. "Nnow, leave, Emmmarosa..leavve.." Mom begged. "Better....better doo what y-your mom sayys, Emm...leavve," he said, smiling as if I meant nothing. He started laughing uncontrollably, making me go over the edge and I let them fall. I've been holding them in, and I let the tears fall. Was I really a mistake? Do they even know about my self harm? They probably didn't care...all I could think about was running away, and never coming back.

With that said, I turned and ran out the door. Both my parents started yelling stuff at me as I did so.

"Worthless!"
"A mistake!!"
"Come get your stuff tomorrow, and stay out of our lives!!"

I couldn't take it anymore. I ran to my best friends house, Tyler, and never went back.

~~End Flashback~~

"Emarosa??" Tyler asked me, slightly shaking me as well. I snapped out of my daze and looked at her. "Hmm?" "You're crying," she said. I haven't even noticed I was crying.

I quickly wiped my tears away, and looked at her. "Why were you crying, Em?" she asked. She obviously cared, I know that, but I didn't want to go through another emotional breakdown, so I just shook my head and said "I'm okay...just...thinking about some stuff.."

She nodded in agreement. Tyler knew I didn't like to talk about my past, and that's usually what I think about in my free time. What I could have done to not be a fuck up.

Then the bell rang to go to class.

--
A/N: I cried while writing the flashback! Oh mah gawd, I still have tears in my eyes. Anyways, vote, comment, and share bruh! Hehe. Hope you enjoyed!