My Benefactor Chapter Sixteen

Start from the beginning

(Reagan's POV)

Holy crap.

How can I explain this to Derek and Unknown dude what just happened?

There were several options to choose from:

(A) "I read a spell in Harry Potter and thought I should try it. It worked."

(B) "I'm doing an experiment in Chemistry on how to pop out of thin air."

(C) "I'm 25% unicorn, 25% leprechaun and 25% fairy." (in that case, would that turn me into a troll as a result, right?)

I groaned. None of them could help me.

Derek regained his composure,"Little one, did you just teleport?"

Ding! Ding! Ding! Way to go, Derek! You just asked the million dollar question.

"Ummm..." Speak woman. Speak!

Derek advanced cautiously, wary of my reaction."It's okay, my love. It's okay." He reassured.

If not for the situation, hearing him say 'my love' would have had my heart beating rapidly at the words but now, it was beating fast for fear.

Will Derek be repulsed that I've just turned into a freak of nature? That I turned into something that was way beyond human understanding? I didn't know what to do, so I ran out of the door. As fast as my legs could take me.            

                                                                          ************************

I don't how long I have been running, but somehow I ended up at the park. The sun was starting to set; pink, orange and purple mixing together in the horizon as the day will soon come to an end to welcome the night.

My lungs were on fire for the lack of oxygen. For a supernatural, I just awarded myself a face palm for being an idiot.

Why run where I could teleport?

"Too late for that." I mumbled.

The park was empty so I had it all to myself. Perfect for alone time.

I guess I spoke too soon.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" a deep, throaty voice spoke behind me.

I heard a series of cackles to pump up his jibe.

Annoyed, I turned to face the irritants of the moment. There were four of them, all pale though not that good looking, but still reek inhuman.

Just like Derek.

The difference was, they had sinister ulterior motives to match that evil sneer.

"What do you want?" I asked irritably.

The one who spoke earlier approached me. He was seriously invading my personal bubble, and right now, the mofo was trailing his pale hand up and down my arm.

"Want to have some fun with us cutiepie?" he purred.

I rolled my eyes and jerked my arm away,"No thanks. I'll pass." I went around him to walk off, but he grabbed my arm to stop me.

"Nuh uh. Not so fast." He said.

I tried to yank my arm off, but his grip was strong,"Let go." He tightened his grip even more,"OW! You're hurting me, a*shole!"

He pulled me roughly to him,"Stop struggling." He ordered. He leaned in to my neck and inhaled, "Mmmm, you smell good enough to eat. My boys and I will definitely have fun snuffing the life out of you." He murmured into my neck.

Oh my god. Snuffing the life out of me? He was going to kill me. Come on, Reagan! Use your awesome power to kick these guys' butt. Come on!

I concentrated hard, but nothing was happening. Not even a twitch!

He licked my neck, making me cringe. He grazed his teeth and then I felt a slightest prick. What the hell was he doing?! I think this guy was going to eat me alive!

Shaking on the inside, I felt something warm seared in my chest. I cast my eyes downward to see my pendant shining. The red liquid inside bubbled, and the gold flecks turned to blue.

"My pendant." I muttered.

The man leaned back, looking irritated, "What?" in a matter of two seconds, his face contorted like a grimace and before you know it, he started burning.

The sound of burning flesh mixed with his scream was mortifying. He was a couple of meters away, trashing and writhing from the pain. The pungent smell of burnt flesh wasn't welcoming  to my nostrils.

On the 20th count, he burst into a pile of ashes. Wow, that was indeed one hell of a kaboom. But that was not the point. Did my pendant do that mumbo jumbo?