Chapter 1 - Schools Out

Hi everyone. This is my first story on wattpad and the first story I have published so please if you have any commenst please please feel free to leave them. All comments are appreciated. Also just letting you know that I am Australian so I have placed a few slang words below

Maccas- Mcdonalds

Arvy- this afternoon

***************************************************************************************************

Prologue

Tonight everything will fall into place. Tonight will change my life forever. Tonight...I will rule the world

Chapter 1

Finally school is over. After 12 years in the same place I can't wait for a change of scenary. Milla, my best friend and I have been counting down the days till the school officially ends for the past four years. It all  started when our year 9 maths teacher Mr Reife decided that we had to in pairs continue a count down for something as part of our assesment. It was only supposed to be counting down for a small time but Milla and I went that little further and have been counting down ever since. Mind you we got an A for that assesment!

And now that day has come and gone. Our last day of school gone forever! To be brutally honest with you school hasn't been that bad. I mean after year 8 when I was knocked over in a game of soccer and had both my arms broken I must admit it got better. Year 9 was when I met Milla, Year 10 I got asked to the school dance by the cutest guy in the school, year 11 I got top marks in all my subjects (a nerd I must admit) and year 12 being nominated and recieving music captain and graduating with an OP 5. Yeah school was alright because after all that is where all my friends were and what my life evolved around.

Poor Milla wouldn't agree though. She just couldn't wait to leave the place. She said that there was a million better places to be than at school, stuck in a gummy desk with a boring teacher giving out hard assignments. She said that she would rather be at the beach than at school.

I can't blame her though, with our school being right on the beach it was hard to resist the erge to wag and spend the day on the warm, golden sand.But I know where I need to be whereas she didn't. I knew I had to be at school to get good grades to become a music scholar. Milla on the otherhand had no idea. All she wanted was to pass with at least a B.

                                                                            ***

I close my diary and look over at Milla who is laying on a towel by the pool edge, watching the goings ons through dark oversized shades. She and I have gone through so much and now I will be leaving her behind when I head to uni later in the holidays. I shouldn't be worrying though, Milla is gorgeous and won't have any trouble getting a job  or new friends.

That is probably the biggest difference between Milla and I . She is thin and petite with long brunette hair and dark meaningful eyes. I am however the exact opposite of her with my medium blonde waves and greeny-blue eyes. I am also tall and have a little excess flab in places.

"Oi, Carli, you coming or what?"

I turn and come face to face with Matt Breke, one of the cutest guys that I know. I can automatically feel my legs turn to jelly and I know my face must be red--not a good look. I can see his blue eyes lookoing deep into mine, searching. Searching for what I have no idea. I can feel his eyes boaring into me and it seem slike I can know exactly what he is thinking...but of course I can't because that only happens in fairytales.

Milla calls out to us and I feel the conection break between us. His eyes flitter around as if he is not quite sure where to look, which is strange for once.

Milla comes over to us and places her hands on my shoulders, " Carls, wake up! Aren't we going to Macca's this arvy"

I nod and she lopoks at Matt, "wanna come to?"

I expect Matt to reject the invitation, he always does, but he surprises me when he syas that he would love to.

Milla grins and takes both our arms as she steers us to the car which she has parked outsid e my house. "I am driving" she states as both Matt and I look at each other obviously thinking the same though; If she is driving we are bound to get there in 2 seconds!