gift shop

C.h -

3 days had passed and I hadn't done much but sleep and order room service.  Not seeing the band made the days pass a lot slower but Alec told us we should so our own thing for a least a week.

I decided to get out of the damn room.
I grabbed my phone and headed out the door and into the elevator, pressing the lobby button. The doors 'dinged' open and I walked out seeing people for the first time in what felt like weeks.

There were a few people scattered across the lobby, but for this place, it was chaos. The lobby was pretty big and had a couple gift shops and a coffee shop. I walked into the coffee shop and stood in the line of business - like adults. A couple people gave me weird looks, but no one seemed to recognize me. And it was great.

I people watched as I waited for my drink. Everyone around me was in a suit and over 30 ; I realized why they put us here.

I grabbed my drink from the counter when my name was called and headed across to the gift shop.

As I walked in I almost gasped out loud when I saw the girl from the balcony at the back of the store. She was delicately spinning a rack of postcards observing every one of them carefully. She was dressed in a black cropped tank and a denim skirt with that long wavy hair that fell perfectly over her shoulders. She was beautiful.

I realised I was frozen in place so I walked around to look less obvious.

She finally looked up and glanced around the store. Her eyes met with mine and her mouth curled into a tiny smile. I caught myself staring again and whipped around to the table of keychains behind me.

I saw someone walk up to the table out of the corner of my eye. I looked over to see her next to me. She glanced at me making me nervously clear my throat. She moved her eyes back to the table and fiddled with the keychains, looking at each one.

"Are you going to introduce yourself or are you going to keep stalking me?" She looked back up at me with a smirk.

I widened my eyes at the sound of her raspy, sweet voice.

"Sorry - I wasn't.. Uh-"
"I know. I'm kidding." She giggled

"My names Calum." I said looking at her realizing she was even prettier than I imagined up close. Fuck.

"Calum." She said to herself smiling at the keychain in her hands.

"I'm Paige." She said said setting it down and turning her body towards me and extending her hand out for mine.
I chuckled nervously as I shook her hand.

"So..." She walked away from the table and I awkwardly followed her as she moved to a different section of the store where the I heart New York tee- shirts were.

"You don't look like the type of guy who usually stays at a place like this. Why're you here?"

She crossed her arms and looked at the shelves stocked with shirts.

"I'm in a band, we're uh having time off." I said still in shock that she was even talking to me.

She laughed "Why here?"

"We kinda needed to be somewhere low-key so um.. fans wouldn't find us." I felt awkward even mentioning why we were at a place like this.

"Wow, you must be really famous." She said slightly sarcastically giving me a smile.

"Not really just dedicated fans I guess." She had no idea who I was. And I loved it.

"What's your band called?" She raised a brow at me.

"5 seconds of summer." For some reason when I said it to her, it felt like the most embarrassing band name ever.

She smiled to herself and shrugged her shoulders. "Cute."
I wanted to scream.

"What do you play?" She walked slowly over to the candy bars and studied them the way she had everything else in the store.

"Bass."

"Really?" She looked over at me.
I nodded with a small smile hoping she thought that was hot or something.

"I had you tagged as a drummer." She tapped her fingers on her chin.

"Why's that?" I giggled

"Arms." She said simply, reaching her hand out and pressing her pointer finger to my bicep.

Holy fuck. She was touching me.
"I like your tattoos." She said and placed some candy onto the counter to pay.

My chest was about explode from how hard my heart was beating.