Miss Me?

Its been two weeks since my last encounter with Josh, and honestly I miss him.

Now you miss him! What the fuck Terrance, now you miss him? You put him through hell and NOW you miss him?

I get it, I messed up.

Hell yeah you did. He's not going to take you back. You rejected him and tore his heart out and stomped on it. You really don't deserve him taking you back.

Thanks me, you know how to pep talk don't you?

I'm just saying. You kinda were a cold heartless bitch to him.

I walk into the cafeteria deep in thought with my granola bar and Diet Coke in hand when I see it.
Something I didn't want to see, not yet at least.
Josh had another girl in his lap. She was laughing and smiling and so was he. They were happy.

That could've been you, dumbass.

Josh looks up at me and looks sad, then like he's reading me. My eyes quickly fill with tears and I walk out of the lunchroom and into the girls bathroom. The floor looks remotely clean, so I sit down by the sinks and open up my soda and open my granola bar and attempt to eat it. I can't. My mind keeps going back to Josh and all of the shitty things I said to him.

"So you're Josh's true mate," I see a girl coming out of a stall, "thank god Jessica's not his real mate." She sits down next to me.
"What do you mean?" I ask.
"The chick that was sitting on his lap? That's Jessica. The pack wannabe, she follows him around like a lost puppy. I saw you comimg down the hall and I could sense your anger. That and well Josh mind linked me." She said and looked at me, weakly smiling.
"I'm Terrance," I say shaking her hand, "so what's he told you about me?"
"I'm Dex, and he's told me all that has happened." She said. She looked away from me.
"I was scared okay? I was scared out of my mind everything happened so quickly I just I couldn't handle it. I've been regretting saying that to him for the past week. I don't feel the same without him. For some reason I'm drawn to him and without him I miss him. I don't know much about him but I just, I have no clue Dex." I say, tears threatening to fall.

She looked at me and gave me a hug, well attempted to from our position on the floor. She let me go and looked at me again and wiped the tears off my face. She didn't say anything for a few minutes, maybe collecting her thoughts? I have no clue.

"I just mind linked him, he said he forgives you. He wants to talk to you in private at the coffee shops you all went to the other day."
"When?"
"Right now. Go sweet cheeks, you gotta mate to go get! I'll see you around." She gets up from the floor and walks out of the bathroom.

I sit there for a moment to collect myself.

Don't fuck up this time okay?

I'll try not to.

You better not. I don't want to have to listen to you whine about him 24/7 anymore. Please, go get him. Make things right.

Okay me, if you say so.

Good, now get your ass up and go!

Anddddd the bitch is back. I almost thought you were being nice for once.

Only on your birthday.

I get up and go to walk out of school, no one in the front office is paying attention so I sneak out. I go to my parking spot and get in my car and drive to the coffee shop. When I get to it I park my car and just sit for a minute.

I can do this.

I turn the engine off and get out my car and walk towards the coffee shop. When I get to the door my hands hesitant to open it but I do anyways. I look around and see Josh at a booth in the way back, I walk over to him and sit across from him. He looks up and smiles weakly at me.

"Look Josh, I'm sorry about the other day. I didn't mean to say that too you its just everything happened so fast I couldn't handle it. The past two weeks I've felt empty without you I guess. And even though I know almost nothing about you I felt empty. You probably hate me and you've probably moved on I just had to say that."

I say that and look at him. He looks at me.

"Terrance I haven't moved on and I couldn't possibly hate you. You're my mate, my equal, my everything. I get it was a lot to take in at once and I really didn't go about it the best way to tell you. I missed you too, and when I saw you crying when you saw me and Jessica together I knew you missed me. I knew you felt the bond. Let's just, start fresh okay? Just you and I."

I smiled.

"Yes haha I'd love that," I stuck my hand out for him to shake it, "I'm Terrance nice to meet you."
He laughed and shook my hand, "I'm Josh nice to meet you."

Who knows, maybe being Luna wouldn't be bad after all.