Good Luck Charm • Kyrie Irving; for Asanat •

{Just a quick A/N, yes I am making this imagine set place last year-}

Kyrie Irving let out a sigh. He was set to be apart of the East team for the All-Star game. He was more than nervous and he just wanted to go out there and give it his all. He also wanted to be one who helped the East get the win for the first time in a while.

"Babe, c'mon you'll do great!" Kyrie's wife, Asanat assured him as the two were in their hotel room.

"I just don't wanna do anything to embarass myself in front of all those people in New Orleans..." He said, thinking of any bad thing that could possibly happen.

Maybe his jump shots would be off, maybe he would keep shooting air-balls or constantly travel by accident. He was like a nervous teenage girl who was about to perform at her school talent show.

His wife sighed, taking a seat down next to him. "Kyrie, you can't keep doubting yourself like that, babe. I know you're gonna go out there and show why you're an All-Star." She said, smiling at her husband.

Kyrie smiled back at her, his confidence levels rising slowly after the pep talk he just got from his wife. She sure knew what to say to him, especially when he really needed someone to get him to feel less nervous for an important game.

That night, Asanat sat in her courtside seat proudly repping her husband with the jersey she wore that had his last name on it. She continued to cheer for her husband and the East team.

"Let's go Kyrie!" She would cheer, only to catch her husband's eye and earned a wink from him. For the rest of the game, it was definately a night where Kyrie shined. He of course showed off a little bit at one point with the handles he had with the ball, but who wouldn't do that if they had beautiful handles? He eventually finished with 31 points, 5 rebounds, and 14 assists with the East beating the West, 163-155. To top it off, he was named 2014 NBA Kia All-Star MVP.

Kyrie, forever grateful for how the night ended for him held up the trophy. The other players around him, such as Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, LeBron James and many more clapped for him. He really did deserve to win that trophy.

"Kyrie, you along with the Eastern team shined throughout the night. How are you feeling right now?" Doris Burke asked the 6'3 point guard.

"I'm feeling as if I'm on cloud 9, honestly. I mean, it's amazing we got the win tonight and it makes it better to be named All-Star MVP. But, there is this one special person that made me want to work extra hard." He answered.

"And who's that?" She asked, wondering who that lucky person is.

"My wife, Asanat. She was the one who helped me get over the nervousness I had before the game and having her here also made me want to work harder," He answered, smiling at the end.

Kyrie finished his interview, before making his way to his wife. She was smiling at him once he got to her and hugged him tightly. "I'm so proud of you, baby!" She said, kissing his cheek.

He smiled, "Thanks baby girl, couldn't have done it without you. Looks like you're my good luck charm, huh?" He said, looking down at her.

"If you say so, babe." She chuckled, before hugging him once more.
________________________________
Hope you like it, Asanat! You said you wanted anything and this was really all that came to mind- but yeah, I really hope you like it! 😊💓