Draft Night • Jahlil Okafor; For Bianca •

"Babe, are you ready yet?" Jahlil Okafor asked his girlfriend, Bianca as she got ready to accompany him to the 2015 NBA Draft.

"Just a minute," Bianca answered as she put the finishes touches on her lipstick. She took one last look at herself and felt satisfied. She wore a beautiful royal blue gown, with her hair put up in a beautiful bun. She felt like a princess, but of course she had to be there with her prince, and her prince was Jahlil.

"You look absolutely gorgeous, baby girl." He complimented her, and she felt her cheeks getting warm. He always knew what to say in order to make her feel special.

"Thank you, now let's get going, yeah?" She said, and they were on their way to Barclay's. Once they got there, the two along with Jahlil's father sat at the table.

"Babe, what if I don't get drafted?" Jahlil asked her, clearly nervous about tonight. Everyone always had that one fear of not getting drafted or being sent to the D-League. But Bianca knew that Jahlil was going to get drafted, he was an amazing basketball player. He was basically made for the NBA.

"I promise you, babe. You're definately gonna get drafted." She assured him, and he smiled.

The 1st and 2nd pick went by, and now the clock was on for the 3rd pick. All who committed to the draft waited anxiously to see who the 76ers chose for their pick.

"With the third pick, in the 2015 NBA Draft, the Philadelphia 76ers select.... Jahlil Okafor of Duke University," Adam Silver spoke, and the whole section of 76ers fans went crazy.

She was absolutely proud of Jahlil, now he would be living his dream. He got up, taking the hat with his new team's logo and he quickly hugged his father and kissed Bianca. She smiled to herself as she watched him walk on stage to shake hands with Adam Silver.

"His mother would be so proud of him..." She heard Jahlil's dad say, and she nodd.

It killed her inside that Jahlil's mother wasn't there to see her baby boy live her dream; but she knew that she was watching him from up above and she is definately proud of her son.

The picks went on, and once the night ended... instead of leaving back to the hotel; Jahlil suggested that the two go out somewhere; just the two of them.

Jahlil decided to take her to a beautiful restaurant in New York, and she felt as if he was spoiling you. But could you blame him? He was just drafted into the NBA which is something he has wanted for so long. And having Bianca there by his side was just the icing on the cake.

"I want to ask you something, Bee." He spoke up, as the two of them were eating their desserts.

"Go right ahead," She smiled, waiting to hear what he had to say. Before he spoke up, he got up from his seat and walked over the Bianca's side of the table.

"Bianca... you mean the absolutely world to me. You're one that has always believed in me no matter what and you're the one who motivates me to be the very best. A few years ago, when we met I had no idea you'd be the best thing I'd ever have in my life. It's almost as if you are the best thing I never knew I had needed. And now, I wanna ask you something. You gave me your heart, now I want to give you something; my last name. Will you marry me?" He said, reaching into his pocket and opening the small velvet box to reveal a gorgeous diamond ring.

Bianca gasped, looking down at her boyfriend who was currently looking up at her with his eyes full of hope. "Yes. Yes, I will marry you," She smiled, almost on the verge of crying before she received a smile back from her now soon to be husband.

"She said yes!" The two heard one of the waiters say, and the whole restaurant clapped for the two and congratulated them.

"I love you..." Jahlil said, before leaning in to kiss his future wife.

Not only was he now a future NBA player, he was also a future husband. The couple felt as if they were on cloud 9, and nothing could ruin their happiness. Absolutely nothing...

____________________________

I hope you like this, Bianca! I'm sorry if it's not what you wanted but I tried? ♥️

-