05||The Second Journal

I had finished the journal as Oliver fell asleep. I stood up quietly and walked to the trap door blindly. I knocked into a small chair and tripped a little,almost falling on my face. I opened the trap door and brought my bag with me and quietly climbed down the ladder. The trap door closed with a creak and I jumped the last rung.

I walked along the path bare foot enjoying the dirt beneath my feet. The moon light creeping in through the tree leaves casting specks of moon light on the path. I wondered what my mom was thinking. Was she scared? Was she mad? Was she happy that I was gone? I continued walking along the path thinking to myself. Tomorrow was Saturday the day my mom went shopping all day long. She was going to come home with a couple bags for me and a whole car full for her.

I looked down and saw my feet in the river. The water felt nice and cool and relaxing. I sat down on the dirt and kept my feet in the water as I opened the second journal.

Hello guys!! Congratulations on finding my second journal. This journal has many more adventures for you and plenty more stories. You are Welcome to return to the tree house as many times as you want.....just don't trash it. I'll always be watching you and my tree house. Anywho I advise you return home as soon as possible. Before your parent or parents find you. I don't want that to happen to you. So...I really must be going now.
--Jack

I slipped it back in my bag and laid back in the dirt,sighing. Should I come back here? I think I should.... it's just it's so peaceful here and welcoming. I stood up becoming tired. I picked up my bag and shoes and ran back to the tree house. I climbed up the ladder slowly and opened the door hearing it creak. I climbed up fully and threw my stuff down. I curled up on the floor enjoying the warmness around me as I drifted to sleep peacefully.

*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°

I woke up from the sunlight streaming on my face. I sat up looking around for Oliver. I heard him climbing up the ladder and I laid back down. I heard the door creak and heard his foot steps getting closer. I looked up and saw him smiling down at me. I sat up and stood up.

"Morning Olivia" he chirped

"Morning" I replied with a yawn

"I have to go soon but do you want to maybe meet here tomorrow? I mean if you can that is" he asked

I nodded slowly.

"Yeah sounds great I have to get home anyway" I replied back

He nodded and grabbed his bag.

"I'll wait for you down here" he said and closed the door

I changed into another pair of gym shorts and I slipped on a pink T-shirt. I threw my flip flips on and grabbed the journal and my bag. I threw open the trap door and climbed down sighing as the peacefulness was about to vanish. We both started walking without talking . I listened to the birds chirping and the wood peckers pecking into a tree. Sunlight dappled on the dirt path in front of us from the leaves above. Oliver finally broke the silence and started talking.

"I'm honestly scared to what I'm going to have to face at home" he whispered

I nodded. "It's not going to be pretty for me"

He became quiet obviously thinking. We arrived at the small river and I ran in almost falling under. I laughed as Oliver made a weird face at me. He came in After me slowly and we crossed together. We had finally made it to the edge of the woods and I stared at the big houses knowing there would be one in there that was filled with evil. I glanced at Oliver and saw him looking off into the distance.

I sighed.

"I'll meet you here After I clean and school,ok? " I said

"Ok " he said sadly

"Hey It'll be ok " I said wrapping my arms around him

He wrapped his arms around me and let go,running off and waving Bye. I whispered goodbye and ran to my house quickly. My mom's car was in the drive way and I sighed. Big trouble here I come.

*°*°*°*

I quietly opened the front door and crept in slowly. I walked upstairs to my room to find my mom sitting on my bed. I jumped back in surprise and backed into the wall.

"Where have you been?" She hissed with clenched teeth

"A-at Taylor's house" I said becoming braver

She stood up and slapped me across the face. Tears sprung to my eyes as I looked at her.

"Last chance Olivia where were you" she hissed again

"I-i w-was n-nowhere " I said between sobs

"You are such a liar Olivia!" She screamed at me

She picked me up by my hair and threw me in my room and on my bed. I cried more and I saw her raise her fist. The next thing I felt was a sharp pain on my face and arm as I fell on it. I slowly watched my mom walk out,with black spots dancing in my vision. I saw blood on my carpet before the world turned black as the dancing black spots took over.

***********

Ok I haven't written an A/N in awhile.....sorry.....

OK so thoughts? Oliver and Olivia........ and her mom she was furious....

Please don't be silent and don't stop reading.....many people stop reading on the first chapter......

Plz tell me things to change or improve in the comments and don't forget to hit that little Star button..... :)

Thanks

-moosedog1234 ✨