Prologue

Awake or asleep, all Naruto ever saw was darkness. When he was younger all he wished was to be able to see the things that surround him. He wished he wasn't always encased in darkness.

Though the day he turned eight, those hopes and wishes went away. He could hear the hateful whispers of the villagers and swore he could feel their glares aimed at him.

At first - being so young - he didn't understand why they would call him a 'monster' or 'demon', but as he aged it started to make sense. He started to understand why he was an innocent target. He was hurt at first, but then it turned to anger. He did nothing to deserve their treatment, and yet they had condemned him to a life of hate.

When he was eight years old he met the reason why he was despised so much. The giant demon fox that destroyed the village. It was inside him, but ironically, the fox was nicer than most of the villagers. The fox had told him that a member of the Uchiha clan had broken his sanity and caused him to attack the village. He still wasn't completely stable, but he did apologize for being the reason he was treated the way he was. And eventually, Kurama became the only thing he cared about other than himself. He was trained by Kurama and had started developing ways to see without seeing. So he would be able to move around without help and would be able to protect himself.

When Naruto began the academy, no one expected him to succeed. How could someone be blind and be a ninja? It was unheard-of, impossible.
Though, once he started rising up to the top of his class, people got worried. If he couldn't see, but could still accomplish these things, then how skilled could he become?