Chapter One | Depressed

Rachel

  Here I am on the school roof, once again. I've thought about jumping off multiple times, I just never had the guts to do it. I'm here at least twice a day, usually before glee club. I hate everyone, and everything in that club. Finn broke up with me a couple months ago, after he cheated on me with Barbie. I have no friends except Kurt, and now that he's with Blaine he's drifting apart. It's 2:30, so I better make my way to glee.

  I enter the room and everybody looks at me.
  "Rachel, your late, again." Mr. Schue annoys me.

  "Yeah, sorry." I said without making eye contact. I could tell he was rolling his eyes. I made my way to the back row and sat down by myself.  Before Mr. Schue could tell us the assignment Ms. Pillsbury ran in.

  "Will!" she screamed.

  "I need to speak to Rachel." she said frantically.

  "Aw, little hobbit needs counseling." Quinn said snickering. She was the only one who found it funny. I decided to speak my mind for once.

  "Shut it, Barbie." I snapped. She looked at me and stopped. I walked outside to the hallway and looked at the ginger in front of me.

  "Rachel, your dads were in an accident, and I'm sorry, but, they didn't make it." I just nodded my head and walked away before she could keep talking. Don't let them see you cry, Rachel. Just a few more steps and your to the bathroom. Don't let them see you cry. Keep your head up and.... I got to the bathroom and started crying my eyes out.

Santana's POV

I saw Rachel walk by the door with a few stray tears going down her face, and so did everyone else. Kurt got up.

"I better go deal with this." he said upset. I ran up in front of him.

"No, let me." I told him. He gave me guilty eyes that had, "You do anything to her I'll chop your hair off." I ran to the girls bathroom and I heard sobbing. I walked in and I saw someone sitting on the ground in a stall.

"Rachel?" I asked softly.

"Santana?" she replied.

"Yeah." I felt guilty as she continued to cry. "Can you open up?" I continued my soft voice. I heard the door click and out came a red-eyed Rachel. She looked at me. "Oh you poor thing." I whispered to myself. I stepped forward and hugged her. She hugged back and continued crying. I felt super bad, so I did something that I rarely do. "I'm sorry, I've treated you like a piece of shit all through high school." I said as I hugged the short brunette. I still didn't knew what had happen to make her act like this. "I want you to be my best friend. I really like you Rachel, I just never wanted to admit it." I laughed a little. She laughed a little as well and pulled apart.

"You mean it?" she asked.

"I mean it." I told her an smiled. "Do you mind telling me what happened?" I sweetly asked.

"My dads got into an accident an didn't make it." she said crying again.

"Oh, Rachel." I said and hugged her again. We stayed like this for a few minutes and I pulled apart. "How 'bout I get my makeup, we'll fix ya up and go back to glee?" I asked. She nodded her head and went to get my makeup.