"Feels like home, doesn't it?" he asked, referring to the tent being too small for the three of us, much like the house we all shared.

I nodded, smiling. "I missed the two of ya," I muttered. "I hate contests."

"But ya won."

"And then the world went to shit."

We stayed silent. "World's went to shit years ago," Daryl stated, turning to the other side. "Good night Belle."

"Night Daryl," I told him, turning to Merle's side, who was laying on his stomach, facing the other way. 

Daryl could fall asleep hugging me, but during the night he couldn't stand it, unlike Merle, that can't even cuddle for a minute while awake, but has to hug something when sleeping.

I poked Merle lightly, making him turn to face me, throwing his arms around me.

I inched closer to his chest, trying to fall asleep. I felt him twitch in his sleep, and he suddenly rubbed my back.

"Don't ya worry, baby sis." he whispered sleepily, "ain't no one's gonna hurt you."

Merle was just a huge softie undercover, and he showed it best when he was sleeping, or when everyone else were.

He pulled me closer to him, and I knew that he'll keep his word. When he came back from the Army tour he was much more protective, and when he got out of jail for whatever he did there, he started doing it more. Holding me when he thought I needed comfort.

It was funny, I knew that Daryl was always there, but I counted on Merle to be there when shit went down. 

I felt a kick in the back of my leg, and knew it was starting.

After a night with the Dixon Brothers, you're lucky to get out with no bruise. Both were kickers, but then again, rumor says it I am too.

•••

"Come on,"  Daryl called, making me groan.

"It's over three hundred already, do I really have to keep goin'?" I asked, sweat dripping down my face.

"Yeah," he replied simply. "Twenty more," he decided, leaning on the tree. I let out a loud, annoyed breath. Motivated to get over with it, I quickly hop the rope twenty more times. It was unbelievably hot.

"Done," I announced, stopping. I twist my shoulders a bit, hopping from one leg to the other for few moments. Daryl threw a bottle of water at me, and I catch it, chugging down most of it.

I left some water in the bottle, washing my face with it.

Merle walked to where the two of us were standing, "world's ended, what you still doin', training?"

"World's ain't ending," I waved him off, "it just hit a major speed bumper, and when it's back on track, Imma be best MMA fighter left and take all championships."

Merle looked up at the sky, "couldn't at least wait for sun to rise?"

"Nope," both of us replied. I laid on the floor, waiting for one of them to sit on my legs. 

"Damn you," Merle muttered, sitting on my legs. I smirked at him, starting to pull myself towards him, and then up, to standing. "Two hooks, jab and uppercut," Merle mumbled, which meant I need to do that combination at any order each time I pulled up.

We settled into silence as they kept giving me orders for which exercises I should do, until finally, Mr. Bad Cop woke up, first of the others.

He looked to the roof of the RV, speaking to someone. Only then did we realize that Dale was keeping watch and was awake the whole time.