Chapter Two: A Touch of Silver

Start from the beginning

"Where is everyone?!" A raspy female voice growled loudly. Everyone in the room tensed looking around at each other and than to me.

"Shit! I thought she was out looking for Silver—" Marshall cursed as he ran his hand through his hair again. He looked like he was trying to come up with a plan as he looked around the room frantically, "Alright, Leo come with me—we will distract Valerie. You two—" He points between Bunny and Libra, "Will stay here and fix her up so that she's at least presentable." I might have been offended by that comment if I didn't feel like shit, so I'm sure his assessment wasn't too far off. 

"Marshall, we shouldn't move her yet so soon after—" Libra suggests.

"I don't care Lib. We don't have the time to worry about that." Marshall points his finger than towards me, "You're going to say you are Bunny's cousin. You wanted to come see her after you heard about what happened to her brother. If anyone asks that's the story, You will say nothing about the hunters or about us being at the clearing. You hear me?" He looks at me with serious eyes. My wolf growls in my head about someone telling me what to do but I know that I need their hospitality for a while longer at least until I'm completely healed. I nod my head. 

"I hear you." I croak out. 

He turned his attention to Bunny and whispers, "You be careful. Remember we don't trust people we don't know. And we don't know her." He looks like he wants to kiss her for a moment but than he turns and leaves quickly. Leo looks us over before leaving the room rushing after Marshall.

"Whose Valerie exactly?" I ask curious about who could cause such a reaction out of them. She must be one hell of a wolf. 

Bunny looks to me with her wide eyes, "She's one of our friends." She says before casting her gaze towards the ground submissively. Libra rolls her eyes, "Yeah and a total pain in the ass..." She mumbles under her breath and I let out a small chuckle which makes her eyes widen. Her gaze connects with mine, "Oh—don't tell her I said that. She'd totally kick my ass. She's the beta for a reason after all..."

"Your secrets safe with me—I mean you saved my life. It's least I could do." Libra cracks a small smile at my words. She turns away from me, "Bunny can you grab some of the spare clothes from the cabinet over there." She points to a small cabinet on the other side of the room. Bunny happily moves across the room and starts looking through the cabinet.

"Where's your Alpha?" I ask out of curiosity as Bunny makes her way back over to me with a pair of sweat and a plain t-shirt that looks a couple sizes too large. Libra looks back to me with a strange expression, "Oh I'm sure he's around somewhere. He has the habit of disappearing and appearing at a moments notice..." She let out a nervous laugh again as she grabbed the pile from Bunny. I could tell that from her reaction that there was something off but I let it go.

"Let's get you up—uh..." Bunny stops mid sentence, "What's your name?" She asks in a soft whisper.

"Grace."

She smiles big again as she stretches a hand out towards me, "Let's get you up out of this bed Grace."

I take hold of her hand and allow her to pull me as I lift my body up. The pain rips through my side but I breathe through it. Nothing could ever be as bad as those two years that I spent in captivity with Kellan and his rogues. Once I was sitting up completely Bunny let go of my hand. I swung my legs over the edge of the bed and scoot off with one push. My bare feet hit the cold title with a jarring force that cause me to lean backward into the bed with a pained hiss.

Libra grabbed my elbow in a supporting hold, "Careful there tiger."

"Thanks." I groan out as the pain slowly subsides.