The Heart of The Jungle ~Part 3~

Start from the beginning

"Daddy...."

"But daddy Why? Why are we running?" my younger self said.

"i'll explain later but all that matters is that we need to run, we're in danger."

As we were running, i looked down from the cliff was on to see what it was we were running from. It was a large group of swarming heartless chasing us. I soon saw that the heartless were soon going to close in on us, so i jumped down from the cliff i was on, as i summoned Two Across, to stall from the heartless to give us time. I swung constantly to try and destroy them but nothing was happening. The heartless went right passed me. "No! No! What's going on?! Two Across what;'s wrong?!"

When i looked back towards us, my younger self had tripped and fallen and when my dad was making his way to come pick me up, more heartless came from the bushes and surrounded him making  him start to walk backwards. "Ayame, run! Qucikly!"

"Daddy, no!" I cried.

"Dad....no..." this was slowly coming back to me...I dont understand how i could have forgotten it in the first place?...It didnt make any sense to me.

My dad then was back to the edge above the waterfall, "Ayame go now!" he was then forced to fall backwards by the heartless into the waterfall as they went with him.

"Daddy No!" my younder self screamed and cried.

Seeing that sight..again...and yet it almost felt like i had seen it for the first time...hurt so much...a few tears had fallen from my eyes but then my younger self screamed which broke my concentration a sad moment that i would have to grieve for later. The heartless that i tried to stall were about to reach me.

"No..." I ran towards myself, and jumped hoping i could reach myself in time. "Ayame!"

i made it in time just by a moment to lose, i took hold of my younger self and wrapped my arms around my younger self to protect me. We were now surrounded by the heartless. I didnt understand why...but for some reason i was able to touch my younger self, it didnt make any sense due to the fact that the heartless went right passed me.

"Mommy!"

"What?...." was it my mom that had found me in time....thats right it was but....something still isnt adding up....Then a bright light had shinned in my other hand and a completely new and different keyblade shinned in my free hand, but without time to think or examine it i struck at the heartless, making them vanish. "Yes!"

I swung quickly with this keyblades long reach and in a matter of minutes all the heartless were gone and my younger self was safe, when i looked back, i had started getting up and walking away..holding the air...i myself was so confused. "Hey, Ayame, hold on!"

But then at the last minute before she turned a corner the visual of my mom appeared holding my hand, and then my vision went blury again as they disappeared and it went black. When i woke up, what seemed like only moments later i realizeed that i was being carried by Renxsuke, and it looked like he was headed back to the campsite, and following behind him was Kaino.

"What happened?" i asked him.

"Well of course at the time of battle, you blanked out..maybe you were just too overwhelmed..."

"Shut up..."

"Well, lucky thing that big dog of yours slammed that thing around so much it got damaged and it vanished, then the darkness went back in to you."

"Where's Clayton?"

"That moron ran away as fast as he could back to the campsite." then he looked down at me. "And that popped up in your hand about an hour ago.." I lifted my hand to see that unknown keyblade in my hand. "looks like you're a duel wielder now...for some odd reason."

i ignored his comment and examined my newly found blade. This Keyblade that is mostly silver and ivory-colored. Its shaft was thin and smooth with a fleur-de-lis-shaped spike at its tip. The teeth were comprised by a pair of uneven, silver wings framing a broken, bright red heart. The base of the blade was adorned by a simple, grey heart, and the handle was black. The two uneven wings were on the Keyblade's guard, with the larger wing being on the same side of the weapon as the teeth. The Keychain had silver chain links and the token resembled a smaller version of the Keyblade's teeth; a bright red heart surrounded by silver wings. But for some reason i felt, that The broken hearts, uneven wings, and black and white altered coloration represented some sort of connection, and incomplete hearts.

"Its lost memory..." Renxsuke started. "Its a very old keyblade...so im guessing while you were out you experienced something, right?" 

"Yeah, i did..." so i was now a duel wielder, and my new keyblade was named Lost Memory i can see how it fits. Then I remembered something the blind folded boy said. He said something like this...."I'll help you find your lost memory.." Could he have somehow helped me remember....or remember what I could....i know there's something missing...how and why did i forget that in the first place? "Um...Renxsuke?"

"Yes?"

"Why are you carrying me?"

He then stopped walking, "Look this was the qucikest thing to do, but if you'd rather walk instead of thanking me.." then he suddenly dropped me on the ground. "Then fine.." and started walking again.

"You're right...."

"What now?" he stopped suddenly and turned to me. "What did you just say? I know i didnt hear what i think i heard."

I got up and brushed off the dirt, "I said you're right and im sorry, thank you, I'm glad that you were looking out for me." He stood there silently for a moment and seemed to be completely taken off guard and by surprised and then quickly reverted back.

"Hmph...its about time you show me some respect..."

I laughed a little, "Yeah yeah, now lets get going."

When we arrived back to camp Kaino had curled up by the fire and went to sleep, i sat across from Renxsuke as he took off his hood.

"Now," I started. "Its your time ti shine...talk."

"What?"

"Your life story..."

"Not tonight, you've been through enough and you need rest."

"I'm fine..."

"You really are a bad liar...i can see it in your eyes that whatever you experienced was rough, so ill tell you tomorrow night."

"Oh come on..."

"Tomorrow...got to sleep."

"Fine, whatever, i think you're just trying to stall," I said lastly as i got up to lay back on Kaino and closed my eyes to sleep..or at least pretend like i was....

"You're not a good actress either..." he chuckled. "Go to sleep Ayame, I'll will tell you tomorrow, its a promise, i keep my promises."

"You better..." and then my eyes got heavy and i soon went to sleep without trying to fight it at all.