Chapter 10

The love cycle. Damian and I were strangers at first then became friends then became lovers then back to being strangers. I wish it stopped from lovers.

                My friends and I were at the canteen eating our lunch. “I saw Damian staring at you at our History class,” Angelica said.

                “And I saw him looking at you in our computer class,” Cynthia said.

                Well, that makes me feel better. But why doesn’t he talk to me if he’s staring at me like that?

                Josh invited me to go to the park after school and I agreed. “I’ll just arrange my things,” I said. I checked my notebook and -

                “It’s gone!” I cried.

                “What?” he asked. “What’s gone?”

                “I’ll go back to my classroom. Maybe I dropped it there,” I said to him. I ran back to my last classroom. I saw Damian’s heart lying on the floor. I sighed in relief. I picked it up and remove the dust. I can’t bear it if I lose this.

                “What’s that?” I heard someone say. The voice that I don’t ever want to hear. Kristine.

                I looked at the door and there she was standing.

                “Mind your own business,” I said to her. I put the heart in my pocket.

                “Chelsea Montrain,” she said my name in mockery.

                “Kristine Andrews,” I said too.

                “Damian is mine,” he warned.

                “Does Damian want you?” I asked.

                “Why? He doesn’t want you anymore,” she said. “And I know he want me.”

                I stared at her. “Goodluck with that,” I said. “Tell me if he let you walk beside him without you falling behind.” I smiled then left her alone.

                “He’ll be mine!” I heard her shout.

                I went back to Josh and we left the school. Does Damian want Kristine? And was Kristine right about Damian not wanting me anymore? Does his feeling for me faded? Did he already forget about us?