Chapter 5

Authors Note:

so the video on the side is from one of my fav directors for short films John Lyde. its from the hunger games novel. enjoy!

Recap...

"I'm gonna stand guard." Enya says. i'm about to protest when i see the pain in her eyes. i wonder who the boy from district 7 was. i'll figure it out tomorrow. My eyes are starting to droop. One more day alive, check.

...End of Recap

"Hey, May?"

"Mhm..."

"I'm gonna go for a walk-"

"Is that safe?" I interrupt.

"Yes and.... to continue" she glares at me. "so can you stand guard?"

"Sure" i say. Still half asleep but she can't tell. Rubbing my eyes i relize it's still dark. For that as an excuse, I tell myself to close my eyes for a 'meager' 10 seconds just so i can see better.

The sky's dark demeanor starts to lighten.

The night's peacefulness is inturrupted by the crunching of leaves. I dissmiss it with the wave of a hand. It must be Enya returning.

The crunching falters.

The night is silent once again.

Out of no where there comes a roar.

A vicious roar. 

Belonging to an animal that could tear you apart in minutes.

My back straightens in a matter of second.

The roar is heard again and in that time i'm running out of the cave and into the lightening dark.

The beast continues it's persuit.

The crunching falters just to be heard yet again right behind me.

It's then that the pain starts. 

It begins at my left calf, then progresses to my thigh, to my back. The pain is beginning to numb showing the severety of the wound. My steps begin to slow until they're at a stop. Soon i see the face of my murderer. My scream is building up in my chest. All of a sudden the sound breaks free. To my surprise it makes the beast hesitate, then roar a blood-curdling roar. I flinch in fright. The fact that this beast can kill me in seconds dawns on me. Then to my surprise he speaks.

"May! Wake-up! Maysilee!" 

Scream again then open my eyes to see Enya and Stephan looking at me worridly.

"I'm sorry!"I sob. "I was dreaming tha-that i was getting att-attacked!"

"It's okay, May. It's okay." Enya coes. My breath slows down to normal. The dream was so vivid i felt as if it was real. As i think back on the dream i relize the beast seemed some how familiar... the eyes... they were like... Stephans. Not just like but exactly the same. I shudder at the thought. I learned one thing from the dream though... I can't trust Stephan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So what did you think?

Anyways on the side there's a picture of Enya and a song about the games kinda i guess, whatever its catchy! (=

Vote, comment, fan!