Coast To Coast Chapter 4

“Emma, wake up we’re here” Caden said as he tried to gently shake my shoulder.

“Go away” I mumbled

I was fighting a war inside me. Sleep was winning

“Emma” said Caden as he tried to wake me up again

My eyes fluttered open. In my  vision field appeared a blurry Caden.

As I struggled to wake up I sat up quickly and ended up bumping my head against Caden’s.

“owww” I cried as I clutched my head.

“Nice one Emma” Cada said while chuckling.

He didn’t even flinch when our heads knocked together.

“Jerk” I murmured under my breath

“Come on let’s get going” he said

I got out of the car. The cold air nibbled at my cheeks so I clutch on to Caden’s sweater and walked over to the trunk. I got out my duffle bag and put it over my shoulder then I grabbed my suitcase and put it on its wheels.

Caden got out his bags and closed the trunk. He put the alarm to the car and we made our way toward the hotel

Once we entered the lobby, warmth engulfed me.  We walked over the receptionist.

“Welcome how may I help you guys tonight” said the young women. The bags under her eyes contradicting her age.

“We have reservations here under the name Caden” I said

‘Just one moment” said the receptionist as she typed into the computer.

“I see you guys have the room 16B on the 3rd floor” she handed us the keys to the room and made a motion for the concierge to come over and take our luggage.

We handed him our luggage and followed him toward the elevator.

When we arrived to the room, Caden opened the door using the key and the guy walked in and wished us a good stay

The walls of the hotel were a light blue color but what really got my attention was the bed in the middle of the room.

“Umm Caden I think they gave us the wrong room” I said

“I thought you placed a room with two beds” he said

That’s when it hit me. I had made reservation with only one bed before Caden and I broke up.

“Umm I guess they made a mistake, I’ll just go down and see if she can give me a separate room” I said

“Okay, I going to go ahead and take a shower” said Caden

 I walked out of the room and made my way towards the elevator and then toward the lobby.

I can’t believe I totally forgot about the room! I remember thinking that Caden and I would finally h do the deed for the first time since we would finally be away from any sort of parent supervision. But all that changed the night I caught him at a party kissing another girl.

He pleaded for me to forgive him, but I was too hurt to even talk to him. Let alone talk to him about where our relationship stood.

And even after trying to convincing myself that I got over him I knew that I was only fooling myself. Especially when I saw him hanging out with this girl from school named Bailey at the mall, I knew that deep down I wasn’t over him. And now this trip was making all of the felling come back.

“Is there a problem miss” said the receptionist

“I was wondering if you have any single rooms available”