Chapter 3

Tessa's POV

Another long day at work. Luckily for me though I didn't work the live performance today. I would be working in the bar. I put on my uniform, which consisted of tight, black leggings and a black sweater. I grab my name tag and once again head out of my rusty apartment. O call my taxi drier over and pay him. Once again. When I arrive at work, it's even more crowded than yesterday.

Time flies by and people are still coming in and out of the bar. By the time my shift is over it's nearly two in the morning. I say bye to the girls and my boss. Instead of getting a taxi, I decide to walk.

"Tessa." Someone says.

I turn around and face a boy with the most beautiful eyes, Hazel. His hair was wavy, almost in a quiff, and not to mention he had the most plump lips ever. 

"Who are you?" I ask.

"An admirer." He walks away quickly, it almost seemed creepy, but I then quickly realized who it was and caught up to him. 

"Hey! Wanna come over for dinner or something? I really appreciate the tip. You were my first tip you know." 

"Really? I thought you were the only one that didn't look like a clown out there." He chuckles. 

"Thanks," I say shyly, "So are you up for dinner?" 

"Sure, why not." 

We walk to my small, rusty apartment. College papers and books are spread everywhere as well as my clothes. 

"Yikes," I laugh, throwing my head back, "Sorry for the mess." 

"It's all good." He replies, smiling at me. 

I take out leftovers from the fridge and heat them up in the microwave. When they're done, I evenly distribute the rest of the Chinese food from last night. We sit down across from each other and he begins asking me questions. 

"Can I ask why a girl like you is working at  bar/strip club?" 

"I need the money to be able to go to college. My dad, h-he can't afford it. I even got a scholarship, but it still isn't enough to pay for classes and books. So now I have those as part time jobs. It helps me pay for this shit hole too. And well, food. " I chuckle. 

He nods with a sad look on his face. "Can I ask you something now?" I say. 

"Shoot." He smiles.

"What was a guy like you doing at a strip club, hmm?" 

"My uh, girlfriend just broke up with me  few weeks ago. My friends thought it'd be good for me to get outta the house." 

I nod, slowly chewing on the chicken I put in my mouth. "Hey, um, Tessa? Do you have a phone?" 

"I do." I say, smiling. 

" Can I have your number? I want to hang out. You're a pretty cool girl." I hand him my phone, which was a tracfone you buy from the grocery stores.

"Listen, I gotta go. Do you have work tomorrow?" 

"Nope." I say. 

"I'll pick you up tomorrow, yeah?" 

"Okey dokey." I say, smiling.