|1| From Toddlers to Teenagers

♦ 1. From Toddlers to Teenagers ♦

Life has a funny way of turning something horrible into something beautiful.

I really thought that my senior year was going to fly by like the rest of my high school career. I planned on spending my time the exact same way I did every year; reading, sleeping, and Netflix. Of course I would squeeze in some time for hanging out with friends, but other than that, my social interaction would be limited.

What's funny is that I should have seen it coming; when has anything ever gone the way I wanted it to? The quiet, peaceful like can't last forever and I was a fool to think it could. I was messed up for a few years, finally getting back into the rhythm of life, but of course life decided it wanted to shake me up a bit.

I guess it really started a few years ago, but the day my life truly changed was when a certain someone decided to waltz right back into my life. I knew I didn't want him to come back, and every bone in my body shook with displeasure just at the sound of his name.

I just didn't know that what I didn't want; was exactly what I needed. And soon, I would be craving that need with an insatiable hunger.

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ 

|Shaylee Love|

August 27th, 2014
5:37pm

"I'm glad you came."

"Well, it was either caviar or sympathy casseroles."

"I heard about your father-"

"Don't; seriously."

"Very well, on to more mannered subjects then, like how ravishing you look in that dress."

"I didn't really have time to shop."

"And the bracelet I gave you, what's your excuse for wearing that? ...You know, you're quite the dancer."

"Well, I've had training. I happen to be Miss. Mystic Falls."

"I know."

My heart was pretty much dying from the amount of feels I was feeling. Caroline's sass never ceased to please me. Once you add in Klaus' panty-dropping accent and equally pleasing combacks, you've got yourself a pretty perfect night. Currently, I was lying on my bed in my favourite pair of pyjamas; which consisted of plaid pants and an old shirt of my brothers, as I stuffed my face with beautiful buttery popcorn. I was watching my favourite old episodes of The Vampire Diaries. Whih mostly consisted of episodes from season three, because let's be real, Klaus is literally the greatest thing to have ever blessed the TVD world. Don't even get me started on Klaroline; the feels are real, but I digress.

I would have been happy to continue watching my favourite episode, but apparently, my mom had other ideas. I could hear her yelling my name from wherever she was in the house. My best bet was the kitchen.

"Shaylee? Shaylee! Come down here for a minute!"

"Coming!" I shouted back, hopefully she had heard me. I didn't need a lecture on how to answer when being called. It's not my fault she didn't hear me; we were on two separate floors with a whole lot of space and objects blocking our communication. I took my PS4 controller and pressed the 'x' button to pause the episode. I stayed lying down on my bed for a minute to relish in my last moments of peace, before I reluctantly stood. My feet touched the hardwood floor, on instinct my toes curled at the new chilling sensation. Slowly, I stretched my arms upward. I felt the sweet relief of my muscles unwinding and let out a little happy sigh.