Chapter 3

I knock on the door of Master Jiemma's office.

"It's (Y/N); you wanted to see me?" I ask, thinking it's appropriate to remain calm and to ask before entering.

"Come in, (Y/N)." Jiemma growls.

I open the door and walk in, palms covered with a sheen of sweat.

I close the door behind me. Jiemma is sitting behind his desk, and his aura has faded slightly, leaving a ghastly gray surrounding him. He gestures towards the chair opposite him.

"Sit," He says in a dangerously quiet voice.

"Yes, sir." I respond, feeling proud for not stuttering, before quickly sitting down.

There is a tense silence for a couple of moments.

"Care to tell me why you have betrayed my trust?" He suddenly bellows.

Since when has he trusted me?! I ask myself. If he did trust me, why didn't he ever ask me to do favors, or something? I'M SO CONFUSED!!

My mind is racing, trying to remember some situation where he implemented some kind of acknowledgement of trust. Therefore, I am non respondent.

Master Jiemma stands up, commanding more power over my almost-cowering-from-fear body.

"Why did you pass around the booze?!" He questions, more forcefully.

In any other situation, I would almost find that phrase funny, but Jiemma is rather...scary.

I look at him, and my expression is a mixture between shock and confusion.

"I didn't pass around the booze, Master..." I tell him, truthfully.

He sneers.

"Oh, so who did it then? I saw the look of fear on your depressing face when I returned." He laughs darkly.

Sting...Sting did it... I think.

"I truly don't know, sir. I came into the guild after the booze was distributed." I defend myself. It's true. Minutes before I walked into the guild, Sting had the wonderful  idea of this...party.

Fortunately, I have a great poker face. Also, half of it's true, which just increases my odds of fooling Jiemma.

He looks at me with a piercing gaze, which I'm extra careful not to flinch under.

Jiemma relaxes slightly, before sitting back down.

"I see..." He says. "You have not betrayed me after all. Do you know how Sting and Rogue allowed this person to do this?"

Inside, I am so relieved I could die happy, which is saying something. Jiemma didn't lie about that, I am rather depressed.

I don't show this great relief; instead letting a little leak into my expression, but still assuming the same calm look on my face as before.

"No, Master. I'm sure they were quite unaware of the immense amount of booze the person was handing out..." I respond, again truthfully. I'm sure Sting didn't view the amount he handed out as over-the-top.

He considers this.

"Very well, (Y/N). Next time I am busy with the Council's crap, I will be sure to leave you watching over the guild. It was a mistake to leave those two imbeciles to monitor my guild. But, tell me, what were you doing on stage?"

I smile slightly. Responsibility feels nice, doesn't it?

I'm mostly just glad that I didn't get beaten up, honestly.

"Oh, that. I didn't want them to tear down the guild, so I started entertaining them." I answer.

"There's a loyal tiger. I had my doubts about you at first, coming in a former Fairy and all that, and your odd magic, but I'm glad I let you join." Jiemma admits.

"Thank you, sir." I say, bowing my head to show the respect that my voice does not hold.

"Now, leave! And do not bother me again tonight." He threatens.

"Of course, Master." I answer as I stand up, opening the office's door and exiting. Closing the door behind me, I walk into the guild's main hall. To my surprise, Minerva is still standing in the almost exact place as when went to Jiemma's office.

Ignoring her, I walk to the guild's doors.

I hear her cackling evilly behind me.

"Care to wish me a final good-bye, Fairy?" Minerva smirks, obviously expecting that I was kicked out of the guild. Hey, I thought that too.

Now it's my turn to smirk. I lift up the left sleeve of my dark gray sweatshirt, revealing my matching gray guild mark still intact.
(A/N: Btw it's perpendicular to your bicep; on your left side.)

"Not today, my lady..." I walk out of the guild like a boss, still smirking.

~•---------------------------------•~

Yay, Reader-chan didn't get killed! Lol. Also, thanks for 60, almost 70 reads! (Probably nothing, but oh well! XD)
I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

   ~Ari