The Licked Hand: An Urban Legend

A little girl's parents were going on a business trip, and to keep her company, they bought her a dog. Every night since the day she got the dog, when she couldn't sleep, she'd put her hand under the bed and the dog would lick it.

A few nights before her parents were supposed to return, the girl was woken up by a dripping noise. She thought it was the sink in the kitchen. She put her hand under the bed and the dog licked her hand. She got up, half asleep, and trudged to the kitchen and turned the kitchen sink off. She went back to bed and she put her hand under the bed again and the dog licked it. She settled into bed and fell asleep.

She was woken up again by the dripping. She thought it was the bathroom sink and put her hand under bed and the dog licked it. She got up, still half asleep and went to the bathroom and turned the sink off. She went back to bed and stuck her hand under the bed and the dog once again licked it. The girl fell asleep, and stayed asleep this time.

That morning, the girl woke up and put her hand under the bed. The dog didn't lick it, and the dripping was still there. She checked under the bed and she couldn't find the dog. She noticed that the dripping was coming from the closet. The girl opened the door and screamed.

The dog was hung by it's hind legs by a rope to the closet. It's stomach was cut open, and blood dripped from it's body. The girl turned around and found a message written in her wall in blood. It read, "Humans can lick, too!"