**Chapter 2**

I heard footsteps getting closer behind us and I clutched at the stranger's arm in fear.

"Give the girl to us and you won't get hurt."The kidnapper with the scary scar on his face ordered,I whimpered and buried my face in the man's chest,afraid he would let me go.

The handsome stranger pushed me behind him."Over my dead body."His voice was a dangerous whisper.

"Suit yourself."the kidnapper said picking up a piece of iron from the ground.

The stranger dadged the first swing of the iron and punched him in his face hard.

"Is that all you got?"the kidnapper asked,spitting out blood from his mouth.

The stranger didn't say anything,instead he kicked him in his shin and spun around so that his arms were now choking the kidnapper.

A shot was fired behind us splitting the quietness of the dark alley,I screamed and covered my ears,snapping my eyes shut.

What if the handsome stranger was hurt?I didn't want to see.

I forced my eyes open and stared at the scene in front of me in shock, the kidnapper was shot instead--by his own partner.

He looked me straight in the eye-as if to say 'I'll be back for you' and before anyone could react jumped into his jeep and drove off.

The stranger placed the kidnapper on the ground and checked his pulse before raising up and kicking down a trash can."Shit!"He shouted ,his voice furious.

He squeezed his eyes shut running his hands through his dark brown hair.

Finally he turned to me-deep blue eyes pierced right through me.I felt totally exposed under his gaze,my heart pounded and my head buzzed from everything that just occurred.

He walked closer to me and I felt like my heart beat increased with each step he made .

He was now directly under the streetlight and I could see his features clearly as I would of been able to see in daylight.The light chased across his face ,illuminating his strong angular jaw,straight perfectly shaped nose and those hypnotizing eyes,dark and intense,eyes that anyone could drown in if they stared too long.

He stopped a little distance away,as if he expected me to run away from him.

"Are you okay?"he asked.

I was stunned speechless,he had a deep masculine voice that left me enchanted.

He walked closer to me,concern written all over his face."Are you okay?"he repeated.

I blinked twice before nodding like an idiot.

He pulled out his phone and dialed a number."We have a dead body at fifth Avenue.Send the team."

He sighed."Good.Do you think you can drive?"he asked looking at me as if I were a little child.

Was I okay to drive?Was it weird that I wanted to lie so that he would drop me home?

I nodded against my will.

He checked his watch and groaned out loud."Damn it I'm late."

Was he late for a date?