Charming Brown Or Envious Green?

Comenzar desde el principio

Ten had left Rose to changing in her room, waiting in the console room. He had already finished and looked quite marvellous if he said so himself. His hair was upright and fluffy, just so he could see Rose stare at it in wonder. He clicked his tongue and set off to get her. It was taking too long and no, he was not impatient to see her in the dress. Not at all. Nope, never. Wellll, maybe a little. Just a bit.

The Doctor quietly creaked her door open, the sight before him shocking his brain. An odd rage exploded in him. There stood Rose Tyler, laughing and dancing with... a coat. He seemed to be planning a lot of inanimate objects' deaths lately. She was twirling and holding the coat as if a real person, grasping the right sleeve in one hand and holding the left shoulder with the other. She had her eyes closed, so she must have been imagining it to be someone. But who? (See what I did there?)

Ten waited in the console room, raging openly at the coat. Until he realised, it was clothing. It was a simple piece of cloth that kept her warm in autumn. There was no need for any anger towards it.

'Unless you wished it was you she was dancing with....' The other voice came back.

"Shut up!"

"Doctor?" The Doctor turned, becoming stunned and astonished.

His breath was taken away when he saw her. When he saw the dress that fit her perfectly; when he saw her wearing the bracelet with pride; when he saw her curled hair in a loose bun with strands shaping her face; when he saw her cheeks glow with a cherry blush.

"How do I look?" She bit her lip nervously.

".....Brilliant. Utterly brilliant, Rose Tyler." He breathed out, causing her blush to strengthen all the more.

****************************************************************************

Ten gripped his glass when he saw the alien wink at her. Alright, that was enough. Oh wait, she was shaking her head. That was good news, right? Right? Maybe he really should go and check up on things. Just for her protection. Every hospitable species has its bad seeds.

"Hello, Rose." He smiled, edging in closer to her.

"Where have you been? I've been waiting for ages." She nudged him with her shoulder. "Ooh, Doctor, this is Waden. He's a teacher here."

"Nice to meet you." Waden held out his hand. "Rose has told quite a lot about you. And when I say a lot, I mean an encyclopaedia." The Doctor was suspicious at first but soon relaxed once he heard that.

"Good to know. She always did like speaking with strangers." He shook the hand, happily grinning at her murderous yet blushing face.

"Yeah. I warned her about that, but I wouldn't really blame any strangers for talking to a diamond like her." He winked again. A fury ignited inside the Doctor, spreading the fire to all of his body. His fingers gripped Waden's tie; his eyes were dark, menacing blades; screaming at him to back off because The Oncoming Storm is here.