The waiter came back with our food so we all started to eat.

" Chrissy how come you didn't send us any graduation pictures?" Mama asked.

"Cause I didn't go" I shrugged

I didn't want to tell my parents 'Well Kareem forced me to go to prom with him to show me off to his friends as a damn trophy and after prom and before graduation I got pregnant'. My mom might slap the shit of me.

" Did you graduate?" My dad asked with a stern tone.

I looked up to see everyone looking at me.

"Yes"

"Then why didn't your ass walk the stage?"

" Lola" I mumbled forgetting my mom was sitting next to me and mom was next to me.

" When did you get pregnant with Lola?" My mom whispers to me making sure no one else heard.

" Prom night"

Next thing I know she hits the back of my head full force making me almost choke on my food.

"Ma what you hit her for?" Jamal asked.

" Luscious, prom night" she said giving my dad a look.

"Lola" he replied

She nodded

" Chrissy we need to have a talk" he said standing up

" Now ?"

"NOW" His voice boomed making me jump.

I quickly got up and walked out of the room of the restaurant.

Cookie POV

As soon as Lucious and Chrissy left the room everybody started to ask questions.

"Mom what is dad mad about?"

"Rhonda can you take Lola to the bathroom please?

She nodded and took Lola to the bathroom.

" Your sister didn't walk the stage at graduation because she got pregnant prom night and your father is furious "

" I don't understand why he mad at least she graduated in time" Hakeem said.

" Because walking the stage is a big moment."

" Is it just me or does Lola father seem off from what's Chrissy is telling us" Jamal pointed out

" She never tells you what his name is, what he does, their relationship ,Lola never talks about him." Andre said

" I know him" Rakim said

" What you know?" I said curious.

" When me and Chrissy were friends back in the day she told she met a boy name Kareem but as time went on after y'all move he became very controlling over her friends and what not. Thats why me and her stop talking." He explained

" I don't like the way this boy is described"

" Now dat you say something when I would call Chrissy her phone would always be off until she called me and she would never reply to my text unless she text me first and it was only for short amount of times and then she'll rush of the phone." Hakeem added

" Look do me a favor I want y'all to watch out for Lola and Chrissy until we know more about this boy"

They all nodded except Anika which I didn't expect her to.

We all went back to eating waiting for Lucious and Chrissy to return.

Christina POV

We walked outside and sat on the bench.

" Look I don't know what went on back in Philadelphia but from what I'm hearing I don't like it . I love Lola but that was a dumb decision you made and you didn't even walk the stage of graduation. That is a life changing experience for anyone. Me and your mother tried to raise you and give you better than we were brought up and had. I might act hard in y'all but I love y'all and I'm disappointed in you ." he said and walk back into the restaurant.

I didn't follow behind him because I was upset because I let a boy run me and my life then I leave him and he still is running my life.

Someone came out the restaurant and sat next to me and put a arm around me . When I looked up I saw that it was Rakim.

"Why are you here?"

"Checking on my friend"

"Even after I ditched you in high school you still consider me as a friend."

" Yeah cause I know that it wasn't your fault your heart deceived you"

"It did big time"

"Whatever happen to you and Kareem? if you don't mind me asking."

" This happens." I said as I sat up and moved my hair so you could see my faded black eye.

"He hits you" he said getting louder

"Shh my family doesn't know"

" You need to tell Lucious so he can handle him"

" No I don't want my dad to know that his daughter stayed in Philadelphia with a man who puts his hands on her and sometimes his granddaughter "

" He puts his hands on Lola?"

" Yes that's why she is wearing a long sleeve shirt and jeans I don't know how to tell my family and I'm scared."

" They will find out one way or another "

" I just don't want them to think I'm a failure on top of a disappointment "

"Your staying in New York?"

"Idk everyone wants me to especially Hakeem I'm just worried what will happen if he finds me"

"We'll protect you, I'll protect you we love y'all" he said looking in eyes.

"Thanks let's go back inside"

" yeah"

___________________

•Christina's nickname is Chrissy