Chapter 12

The knife whipped through the air, handle first and a tremendous crack was heard as it made contact with the back of the doll's head. The relatively weak porcelain shattered, small, dangerous shards scattered. The tangled mass of blonde curls fell away in clumps and the loose baby blue feel from the back of the hollow skull. The doll clattered to the floor with a screech. My eyes trained on the source of the throw. Logan.

Jayden soon regrouped and pulled me to my feet and we dashed over to the Logan.

"Go" He groaned

"What, we're not leaving without you" I let out an unnerved laugh.

"Go!" He yelled. "Get out!"

"No!" I cried. He couldn't seriously expect me to just stand around and let him sacrifice himself, right? While that thought ran through my mind I scarcely heard Logan say;

"Jay, just go, get Lily out of here" and before I had time to protest Jayden had grabbed me and was dragging me out of the door. My arms flailed and I thrashed to escape his firm grasp, but there was no chance.

We managed to get down the marble steps out the front of the museum, it's was late evening. The sky was all shades of orange and yellow, picture perfect. It would have been, if I hadn't just been through hell and back. To any normal person, it would have been the perfect story book scene. But blazing red sun only seemed to remind me of the lake of blood only meter's away. The blood was still staining my hands, my hair, my back, my jeans, shoes, it had climbed up to my knees. Anyone would've though we'd murdered someone. They'd have thought I'd murdered someone. Jayden only had a small amount of blood around the bottoms of his shoes and  couple of splats on his hands. I glanced over to him and he seemed to be lost in this picture perfect moment, gazing at the late evening sky with a small smile dancing across his face. He turned to me and his smile widened. A look of disgust crossed my face.

"What's wrong, Lily?" He asked, his brows furrowing.

"How in God's name are you still smiling, after what we've just seen? After what we know?!"

"What do you mean, Lily? We're alive" He tilted his head to the side slightly.

"That's, that's exactly it! We're alive and they, they aren't. We just watched our friends get absolutely - uh - dismantled. Jay, Lo and Naomi and still -uh - ok! We, we can't just leave them!" I cried, my hands shaking, fumbling over my words.

"Logan will die soon anyway" He shrugged. "I'm sure Naomi will follow. I mean, it's not like they're getting out now is it?" He chuckled. "And, I never really like them lot anyway, least of all Logan, in fact"

"You've gone completely crazy" I muttered, making my way back up the stairs towards that hell hole.

"Where are you going?" He yelled, making me freeze on the spot.

"I'm going to save my friends" I said with as much confidence as I could muster.

"No!" He yelled, I tried to climb faster, but he caught me and dragged me back down the stairs onto the pavement. "I can't lose you Lily" He said with a dry laugh, a more sadistic side of Jayden was showing himself. Maybe all what he's seen has finally cracked him, it's all got too much. I was struggling and fighting my way out of his grip when a blood curdling scream cut all movement off.

From the sixth floor, Naomi plummeted. He her billowed in the wind in almost and elegant fashion. He body hurled towards the path at an alarming pace. It took only a few seconds before impact. Her body completely contorted as it came into contact with the concrete, before spontaneously com-busting. In other words, exploding. Her blood splattered EVERYWHERE. It caked nearby cars, the pavement, the museum, me and Jayden. Cracked bones shot out in all directions. Her innards spread themselves, stretching about 100 foot away. Any trace left of Naomi was splattered across a 100 ft range. She had completely disintegrated. 

"What the... What just happened?" Jayden whispered.

"What?" I spun around and pulled easily away from him. "Naomi just exploded" I cried.

"I saw that much" His voice was still in a whisper. "what happened before that?"

"You don't remember?" I asked cautiously. He shook his head.

"I remember the freaky doll threw me. I don't remember any more..." I looked at him wide eyes. "What did I do?" He looked at me, scared.

MY story, MY ending. He didn't need to know.. It would be better if he didn't know...

I shook my head gently.

"Lily" He warned.

"You didn't do anything" I smiled.

"Okay..." It didn't look like he believed me for a second. "We'll go back to yours" He decided.

"But, Logan..." I began to drift back towards the museum, looking at the door longingly. HE caught hold of my arm.

"Lily. No" He scolded.

"But he's alive..." I muttered.

"C'mon" He directed me to my house, and there we sat in a comfortable silence for two hours. The horrific images from the night replaying themselves. No matter what, I couldn't seem to shake them. Until there was a slow three raps on my front door...

-

-

-

Only a couple more chapters left now! Oh My Giddy Aunt! Don't worry though, I have a sequel planned, it's not quite like this one but, never mind. It's a follow up from this one. Then a third book will be written :D We'll be seeing the return of a certain someone then ;) I can't wait to write them, but first, I need to finish this book ugh what a drag. I'm getting bored of this one now, but I'll stick it out, for those who are actually enjoying this. Okay, enough rambling :D

Bye for now! xx