Chapter 6

Sorry! The last part was shorter than expected! oops! I have a feeling this story won't have very many chapters? oh well... I'm going to have to look up how to mark a story as complete. I've had a quick look already but I can't seem to find it. I'll work it out.

-

-

-

Absinthe. The doll is called Absinthe. I spoke to the doll. Why wasn't I afraid. Why did it take both Logan and Jayden, physically dragging me to get me away...? I'm beginning to worry about myself in this place... I've been feeling things I really shouldn't be feeling. I've been curious about things no one should want to know about. I've been mesmerized by things that would make most people puke their guts up...

Once again, my feet were pounding mindlessly on the rotting floor. But running from what? That doll? Absinthe hasn't tried to follow us yet. What's there to be afraid of? Death. That's what. -Death might not be so bad though, I want to know more about Absinthe, I want to play a game.

No. Yes. No. Yes. No. Yes

I don't care anymore! I want out of here!

I stopped dead in my tracks and let out a wail. I'm having arguments with myself now... I sank to the floor and let angry tears fall again. Logan and Jayden slowed and came back up to me.

"Lily?" Asked Logan.

"We should keep moving" Said Jayden, trying to pull me up.

"I'm losing myself" I mutter.

"What was that?" asked Logan, crouching down to my level.

"I'm going crazy. I was just having a mental argument with myself about weather I wanted to know about that doll or not. The bad bit is, the part that did, was winning" I sighed, clutching at my head. that nauseating musty smell still followed.

"Just hold on Lily, we'll be out of here before you know it" Jayden reassured me as I hauled my weight to my feet. I felt something in my jacket pocket prodding into my side. I delved my hand in and fished out and object I forgot I had. That little black threaded voodoo doll.

"You took that?" Jayden's voice was no more than a whisper and his eyes were trained directly on the mysterious little doll. I nodded sheepishly.

"What's that?" Asked Logan, looking between us. We both disregarded his question.

"Maybe that's why you've acting weird..." He muttered.

"What do you mean, how?" I said, my voice barely audible.

"If that bigger doll's been -"

"Absinthe." I cut him off, my eyes drilling into his own.

"What?" He asked, shocked.

"Her name is Absinthe." I whispered, almost like a child.

"How do you -"

"She told me" I whispered, cutting him off again. He looked at me cautiously, not once did my stare falter.

"Okay. Well what I was going to say is, if Absinthe has been doing what she's been doing, why couldn't that little doll have done something to you too?" He suggested. I nodded.

"What is that?" Logan repeated. We both looked at him and simultaneously said 'Voodoo doll'. We looked at each other and began giggling.

"Oh man..." Logan whispered. That hair flip kills me...

"Right, give it here" Muttered Jayden and I gladly handed him the little doll which he immediately dropped and cursed under his breath.

"What?" I asked.