Chapter Twelve

We were running from something.

Ronnie was much faster than I was, so I knew it would be over soon. The tunnel was very dark and the light at the end was tiny. We kept running though.

"Come on Julie we gotta go!" He shouts, dragging me along by my hand. I couldn't do it anymore, so I dropped to the floor. That didn't stop him from pushing on. It felt like he didn't even know I wasn't running with him anymore.

The farther he moved from me, the darker it was. Eventually the end of the tunnel wasn't even visible. It was all black from that point on.

Then I woke up.

It was three in the morning and I wasn't even aware that I was dreaming. I just let my emotions consume me in the dark. Do I miss Ronnie or am I just feeling sympathy for him? I mean, I did kinda leave him without thinking.

No, I don't miss him. He messed up and slept with another woman. It doesn't matter if he was on drugs or not, he did it. I couldn't go back to him after all that's happened. The most important thing is I don't love him anymore. I'm happier than I've been in a long time.

"Hey Craig," I say into the darkness, hoping for a response.

"What's up?" He replies in a tired voice. Thank god, he's awake.

"I love you."

"Go back to bed, Julie." He brushes it off as if it was meaningless. This time I meant every word.

"No, I'm serious," I sit up and stare into the darkness. That's when he finally understood.

"Wait, did something happen?"

"No," I laugh, "I just thought you should know. Honestly, I think I loved you even two years ago when we first met."

He laughs, "And you chose to tell me now rather than two years ago?"

"Yes," I say proudly.

"You're going to be the death of me, baby."

"Aye, you guys got any raisin?" A voice in the darkness whispers. I suddenly feel paralyzed with fear.

"No, but I think there's grapes downstairs," Craig replies casually to the voice. Is he aware that someone else is in his bedroom?

"Nah man, I've got a craving for some raisins. It just happens sometimes and I can't help it."

"It's three in the morning, I'm not going to get you raisins, Robert." Oh, it's just Robert.

Robert is the drummer for Escape The Fate. He's pretty strange though and I don't think I've ever seen him without sunglasses on. Why is he here though?

"Okay, but if you needed lemonade at four in the morning I would get it for you. That's just the kinda things that a friend would have another friend do," He sounds either drunk or tired. Probably both.

"Yeah, but I don't need lemonade at four in the morning because I'm usually asleep at four in the morning."

"Well it's four in the morning and you're awake." Robert protests.

"No, it's three in the morning and by four I'm probably going to be asleep."

Raisins. They start to argue about raisins and lemonade. I'm not getting any sleep tonight.

"Can you all just shut the fuck up?" I shout, breaking the argument.

"What is that supposed to mean, Craig? Is your girl gonna keep us up all night, cause I need to go to bed, but first I need those raisins." Why is Robert arguing about this? More importantly, why is he in the house?

"Well that was rude," Craig says sarcastically.

"Oh my god," I smother my face in a pillow.

"Wait! I know that voice!" Robert yells into the darkness.

"Hey, let's go get those raisins," Craig rushes Robert out of the room.

Are we a secret? We're not really anything, though. I guess I'm just sleeping with him. It doesn't mean I don't love him though.

I just forget the entire situation and fall back asleep while they're gone.

"I still can't figure out who she is, dude!" Robert's voice wakes me up from the other room.

"Don't worry about it," I hear Craig say.

"Go sleep somewhere else," I yell, exhausted.

"It's Juliet!" Robert squeals, "Story time, Craig!"

"Thank you, Juliet," Craig says sarcastically.

"You're welcome." Oops.

Their voices begin to fade, so I assume they moved downstairs. I'll probably be questioned in the morning, but hey, at least I don't have anything to hide.