Chapter 8 - Silly Putty

"I don't understand!" I yelled, rifling through each handwritten letter, "Wasn't witnessing my awkwardly pale skin sweater enough for you? Your eyes had front row seats, for goodness sake! I've threatened you and called you an octopus more times than I've called you by your name and somehow you've created this shrine for me in your closet. What the flying monkeys is wrong with you?"

"You think I like you?" He rolled his eyes, "I was doing my best to spare Nolan from your silly-putty romantic nonsense."

I clenched my jaw, "Nolan would've read them and fallen for me instantly -- like even sooner than Hans did for Anna."

"As if, he's not interested in such an underdeveloped woman."

"STOP TALKING ABOUT MY CHEST." I shouted, my fists lunging forward in an attempt to dent his annoying face.

"But it's so distractingly small," He chuckled.

My eyes began spewing fireballs and I grabbed the nearest hanger and began to smack him with it. "You. Can't. Speak. That way to a woman!" I screeched punctuating my words with forceful blows.

Mason grinned, "Oh, I'm sorry. I couldn't even tell that you were a girl."

"You asked for it." I warned him.

I reached out and bit his arm, which was a horrible decision once I realized just how hairy it was. I shuddered, even a razor couldn't fix this. He'd probably need a lawn mower.

Mason yelped and tried to yank me off of him, "I'm creepy? What's your obsession with biting? Were your parents piranhas?"

I bit down harder, trying to stomach the hairy wilderness known as Mason's forearm, and quickly reminded myself to schedule a thorough teeth cleaning.

"Alright, alright, what do you want?" He winced.

"The letters." I demanded, "and your silence."

"On one condition," He stated. "You have to attend a party with me."

Author's Note: Sorry for the short chapter! It's been 9 months (and no I haven't had a baby). I'm trying to start updating routinely again so please be patient. D: