"People graduate." said Mikoto. "That's what happens. I'll proudly cheer my Sempai on.. and.."

Mikoto's face fell and she hugged Sinon sadly. "I'm going to miss her Nee-chan.."

Sinon smiled and patted Mikoto's back. "Yeah.. I know."

Later the day after though, Scarlet Rain had a quite different look on things.

"Good riddance!" said Yuniko after she had resumed human form when she had finished their training. "Gives us more time to train you!! I'm rather shocked you didn't think of using Viral Railgun to fight that Laughing Coffin bastard! Ya could have martyrized him!!"

"She couldn't.." said Nox. "After 3 weeks worth of barraging us.. I was too exhausted to pull off another transformation too quickly."

"Whatever!!" Yuniko roared. "Anyways.. who needs that stinking Ashley Rowena!! I'm your freaking master!!!"

"Don't mind her." said Tempo quietly to Mikoto. "She's actually jealous of both Rowena-san and Sinon-san."

"Why?" Mikoto whispered back.

"She hates how you seem to have a closer relationship of student and master with Ashley then her." said Nox. "And as for Sinon.. she's jealous of the sister bond you two have.. secretly, I think she wishes for a big sister figure.. maybe that's why she takes such an interest in the Black King and Nega Nebulous.."

"Nega... wait.. what?" Mikoto said.

"Not your time dear.. " Tempo said simply.

After a few months, it had finally become time for the big farewell..

Ashley was to graduate and move into the lower ranks of the Integrity Knights.. and Mikoto would move up in the Academy and become a Noble Elite Swordswoman.

The graduation ceremony included many of the current Nobles. Kirito's mentor, Sortiliena Serlut, managed to graduate the top student, much to the applause of many of the Academy.

Kirito, that day, handed Sortiliena a batch of the flowers he had been growing.. and it was then the Mikoto suspected their relationship to be much more then platonic as he claimed.. Sortiliena teared up as soon as she received the flowers, and gave Kirito a rare smile.

Mikoto, on the other hand, for her graduation present, gave Ashley something that she had also been working on for months..

Days she had spent.. chiseling away at the large metal arm of Koloktos she had taken and carried back with much difficulty. The golden arm had been tough.. but with help from Sadore and Kirito, she had crafted a beautiful golden blade. It had a colorful cistern shaped hilt with a Buddha head resembling Koloktos..

"It's the Ancient Cistern Sword." said Mikoto. "It's Armament Full Control creates six giant arms which attack with blades.. I-I know the priority isn't as high as your Ocean Master.. b-but.."

Ashley took the sword, smiling at Mikoto as people passed by, heading to the food table held in the giant training room to begin the festivities of the celebration. "You just gave me motivation to start learning to Dual Wield.. thank you.. I don't deserve such a wonderful gift."

"I'll miss you Sempai.."

Ashley looked Mikoto up and down. She was wearing her new Nobles uniform already.. it was pitch black like Kirito's, however, it had uniquely golden highlights, per Mikoto's request. And she had been allowed to wear the older fashioned uniform she found at the old outpost sometimes.

Mikoto looked like she fit well in it.. and as part of commemorating her new fashion, she had cut her formerly medium length hair into a shorter straight cut.. giving her a rather cute formal appearance. (see picture)