Chapter 2

As I was riding the bus, I thought of all that could happen. I looked out the window trying to stare down the obstacles that passed by us.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The bus had arrived at the school. I had half a day of school to get all my work in before the test had to begin. Almost throughout the whole day, my mind was flooded with complicated thoughts, questions, and accusations. Like, "What if I switched?" and "What's going to happen if I do switch?"

I had barely noticed that the classroom had cleared out, and it was time. Time for what I had dreaded.

I sat down at a middle table in the lunch room, twiddling my fingers, as I was waiting nervously for my name to be called. Then, it came.

"Genevieve Saunders" My name was called out by a young, maybe mid-twenties woman. As I got closer to see her, she had long flowing dark brown hair, about to her abdomen. She also had glasses that were length down to her nose, and emerald eyes that seemed to stare into your soul.

"So, Genevieve, you ready?" She said as she pulled on latex black gloves.

"Yes, I'm ready. Although, I never caught your name." I said, almost questioning her. I didn't want her to be offended though. That would be the last thing I would want to do.

"Oh, yes, I almost forgot. It's Abby." She said, shaking my hand. She grabbed a blue tainted serum. "You'll be taking this, and it'll start the test. Bottoms up" She said giving it to me.

I took it down like a cough medication and from there, I was out like a light. After the test, she was shocked. She looked at me, her mouth practically on the floor by now. "I'm sorry. But, your test results are inconclusive."

"Why? What did I do wrong?" I asked, a quizzical look upon my face.

"It's not what you did wrong. Have you ever heard of the term Divergent?" Abby asked. I instantly knew what this meant, and it was not good. I nodded my head.

"Okay, so, you must know what happens to them?" She said, a pained look on her face. I then was recalling memories of bloodshed from Divergents, and many experiments that failed to succeed. I nodded once more. "Okay. Go home early, tell them your sick. Do not tell anyone about your results. Ever." She told me, with a serious expression on her face.
I nodded and walked out and into the lunchroom, heading straight for the exit. So, did this mean I was possible to any of the options or what? Although, I did know what I wanted to choose, I just didn't know if I would be okay in that faction. Especially, with the results I was just shared about my aptitude test.