Chapter eight

***Nine months later***

Alexis P.O.V

    "James, come on," Everything since that night has changed. The person who danger Katherine's life was now in our group and of course since that night Zack has changed also, "She's up and talking," Brandon came running out of her room. He was that young man, who shot her but he's made up for it, and he's even fallen in love with her. Zack on the other hand has become angered and tried killing her; if it wasn't for Brandon she would be dead like Mia and the baby. About two weeks ago Mia went into labor; little did we know that they would both turn into walkers. It had killed all of us to put them out, but James took it to the heart considering that was the mother of his child. Katherine has become different too. She doesn't talk nor does she even dare touch a gun, it's like something in her shut off her fighting mode.

     I have been trying to help Trey keep the group together, but we all seem to be losing ourselves slowly. After Mia and the baby, you could feel the change in everyone; it was like our eyes opened up and saw what this world can really do. To be honest; with Katherine out of it and Brandon falling in love with her, it seems to be the only way to keep Trey and I calm knowing she's safe. Putting aside the fact that we've been holding up in a house far out in the country, things seem to be okay.

      "Alexis, Kat is waking up," Brandon smiled as he pulled me towards the room Kat was in, "Katherine, look it's your sister," Brandon was cheerful and hopeful at the same time when he spoke to her, all I could do was fake like I was happy. All I want is for the old Kat to come back.

      "Kat, are you hungry or need anything to drink?" I asked as I sat by her holding her cold hand in mine, "She still isn't eating," Brandon said as he looked at the floor, "It's okay, she will soon," I said looking at him. I found it funny how the man who tried killing her fell in love with her. Even though he swore he changed James keeps an eye on him hoping and waiting for him to mess up so he can kill.

      James has been the worst beside Kat. He has grown with anger and become even more suicidal over the past few weeks. Every day he goes out and bashed the walkers heads in over and over till there is nothing left, he even tried killing Trey once when he said Mia's name. His eyes changed, it was like the sweet, nice, caring James was gone and a new person came to life. It was a sight that feared us all. Sometime he talks and sometimes he's too mad to even sit. Though I understand, losing your baby and girlfriend during all this when you have no one else it has to kill a person to the point of no return. But looking back, Mia had told him she didn't want him this way, the days when she was only growing bigger; she loved him and the baby to the fullest. Then the day came and for sixteen long ours she yelled in pain and James cried for her. Then the baby killed her ripping her apart as the baby held onto a part of her inside. Crazy enough James held the baby then shot her. Everything after that went downhill.

       So now we're all here, in this house waiting for something to happen that will make everything better. Waiting for Kat to come back, and for someone or something to bring back James and Zack to the way they were before everything happens. We sit here every day waiting for life to change, we wake up and nothing happens. We are stuck with the life and death is tearing us apart and eating away at our heart. So how much longer will it be till everyone dies and Earth is fully taken over by walkers?

      "Kat, you have to come back," I whisper as I hold her hand close to my chest, "We all need you Kat, find your way back to us," The sight of Kat brought to tears, I felt like she was locked away somewhere in her head and she couldn't break out. Maybe it was her time to die and maybe I should left her there to die, but I couldn't, not after everything we went through. Since day one, she has been there for me and always protecting me. Now it's my turn to keep her safe until she comes back.