Chapter Seven

"Run!" Zack shouted as he gathered all the bags and took off sprinting towards the main road, "Kat!" Zack and Sean yelled as I stayed behind shooting the walkers. I could feel the blood dripping down my face, the sweat slicking my hands, I the chill of the metal pistol in my hands shook and I kept firing. The way the walkers looked at me with hunger and desire in their eyes as they reached out for me. As they got closer the more the blood splattered on me turning my white shirt red as well as my face and hands, "Crap!" I yelled as I dropped the gun back in the bag and pulled out my axe, "Katherine, what are you doing!" Sean's voice screamed as I heard them running towards me, "Here take this," I said handing him the two bags I had with me, "I'm going to kill them," I said as I smiled, "Kat!" Zack shouted as I went running into the crowd. Bringing down my axe into their heads sent a shock through my body which somehow made me feel alive more than I had ever been before. One after another the axe smashed into their heads splattering blood and brains as I pulled it out and smashed it into the next walker around me. It was as if each kill made me go a little bit more crazy, but who could blame them, after all this time I was bound for it any way. Without noticing I came to realize I went too far in the crowd to just turn around and run back, "Shit," I cried as I quickly ducked before the walkers got ahold of me, "Kat!" Zack shouted as he started firing his gun, "Crawl Katherine!" Sean yelled as stood up looking for them, "Guys!" I yelled as I felt their nails digging into my skin, "Zack!" I screamed in pain as they started pilling on top of me, "Kat, hold on!" Sean yelled, but as I held them back from biting me I could feel the weight of them getting heavier by the second, "Zack!" I cried as my arms gave out, "Katherine!" Sean yelled as he pulled me out there before the first one dug its teeth into my skin, "You stupid fucking idiot!" Sean yelled as he shook me half to death, "Let her go Sean!" Zack said as he pushed him back, "Now let's go!" Zack shouted taking my arm and pulling me along with him.

     As we walked I looked down at my hands and saw the dried stained blood on them, "Shit," I laughed as I felt my head fill with thoughts of the dead, "Your crazy Kat," Zack laughed as he hugged me, "Aren't we all?" I chuckled as he looked at me with worry, "Maybe, but I can't blame you," He said as he handed me back my axe and gun, "Next time I say run, you run and don't bother to stop shoot," He said as he smiled, "I rather die trying to fight, then to die doing nothing at all," I paused as Sean looked at me, "Let's go find the rest of our group," Sean said as he handed me a water bottle.

     "Dam walkers are everywhere," Sean said as he through his empty bottle down towards the hoard of walkers blocking about half the street, "WE have to run," I said as I took out my axe, "Put it away Kat," Zack said as he held my hand, "Well what else can we do?" I questioned as they looked towards us, "Seems like they want to play," I said smiling as they slowly started moving towards us, "What do we do?" I questioned Zack as he stood there looking at me, "How much ammo do we have?" He said looking at Sean, "Not enough that's how much," He sighed as we started backing up. As I turned around to start running the other way I stopped as tugged on Zack's shit as walkers came behind us, "Dam," He said as we stood there like sitting ducks, "Woods," Sean said as he pointed back to the woods we were in before, "We can't risk it," Zack said.

     I stood there as they fought over what we should do, but each second they wasted the close the walkers got towards us, "Well then," I said as I took a bag of water and headed off towards the woods without them, "Hey! Katherine!" Sean and Zack called out after me, "Now you see me," I laughed as I ran into the woods taking cover, "Wait! There might be zombies hiding!" Zack shouted as he took out his gun, "Well then you better hurry up and move before they come out of hiding," I smart mouthed him as I ran off ahead of them again.

     Hardly any walkers were in the woods at this time of day, most have already wondered their way out into the main road seeking for food. The ones that did hide in here we easily killed with one blow to the head with an axe. I best kept my gun tucked away as much as I could so I didn't bring the hoard to us. Though I wasn't sure if I really even cared if they found me, I had found pleasure in killing them and even more pleasure in ripping out there guts and brains with my knife, it simply calmed me down. I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one like this considering the fact that all we did everyday was kill these dam things just so we could live, and right about now I felt like I was on level twenty on Black ops seeing that there was a walker in every possible turn and corner I could find.