Chapter Six

It was early in the morning. The sun had just risen and lit the sky with beautiful light. Ella had never felt this nervous. She put on her favorite dress, the light blue one Tintin had gotten her about a year ago. Her hair thankfully, was behaving today and went down her back in soft curls. She slipped on her blue flats and grabbed her purse, and her and Snowy went for an early morning walk.
Ella played with the ring on her right hand and switched it to her left. She stared down at it for a moment. Ella laughed at herself and put the ring back on her right hand.

She looked out to sea as she walked, "Oh Snowy..."

Ella looked down expecting the little terrier to be there, but he was no where to be found.

"Snowy?" She looked across the deck.

Ella retraced her steps and met someone she was surprised to see.

"Well, we meet again." Liam smiled and tried to pet Snowy.

Snowy growled, Ella picked him up, "Snowy that's not like you. I'm sorry Liam."

He chuckled, "No worries, I actually brought my pet cat, Buttercup. He probably can smell her on me."

Ella laughed, "Buttercup is an interesting name."

Liam put his hands in his pockets, "Well, my sister wanted to name her. So, Buttercup it is."

"I didn't know you had a sister." Ella let Snowy down.

Liam smirked, "You never asked."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tintin was excited for the day. Yes, there was a criminal on the loose and he and Ella were probably a target. However, he knew today questions would be answered. Hopefully they'd find something to move along this mystery.
He knew she probably was still asleep because the sun hadn't been up for long but he thought perhaps he could grab some coffee or tea and surprise her. Although, from their travels he has realized sometimes she isn't a morning person. He laughed at the thought and headed to the dining hall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ella laughed, " You're kidding!"

Liam smiled and laughed with her, "No! It was so embarrassing."

Tintin made his way towards Ella 's room holding his coffee and her cup of tea, when he saw her laughing and walking with a very handsome man.

"Ella?"

She smiled and went to him,"Tintin!" she kissed him on the cheek," Good Morning."

He was surprised, however, it was a good surprise, "Good morning."

"I don't believe we've met, I'm Liam Kennington." He held out his hand.

Tintin chuckled at himself, he was still holding both drinks,"Here Ellie, I got you your favorite tea."

She smiled,"Thank you so much."

Tintin shook Liam's hand," Nice to meet you, I'm Tintin."

Liam nodded, "Ah yes, Ella talks a lot about you."

Tintin looked her and smirked, "Really?"

She blushed and looked at her feet,"Well.."

Ella was so frustrated. Blushing and looking down at her feet, sometimes she couldn't stand herself.

Liam glanced at his watch, "I must be going, nice seeing you both."

"You too." Ella played with the ring on her finger, anxiously.

Tintin noticed, "What's wrong?"

Her blush deepened when she thought of the previous conversation yesterday. She quickly answered,"Nothing."

"Alright.." He took her hand and they continued walking.

Ella was quiet, she seemed lost in thought. Tintin looked at her as they walked, the sun shone on her and she was wearing the blue dress that still made his heart skip a beat. He was so nervous recently, especially about what he let slip the day before.

"Ellie there's something I've been wanting to discuss."

She was so deep in thought she hadn't realized he had said something.

"Ellie?" Tintin squeezed her hand and smiled.

"Hm?" She looked up at him.

"Did you hear what I said?"

"No, I'm sorry Tintin. What did you say?"

"Well, I guess I've waited too long to ask you-"

Someone came running towards the couple. It was the man that worked for Captain Williams, the same man that had accused them the day before. He stopped when he reached them.

"Mr.Tintin?"

Tintin looked annoyed," Yes?"

Smith pulled out some handcuffs, "You are under arrest for the murders of Wilma and Edward Cummings."

Ella and Tintin were shocked.

Tintin finally spoke, " Under what evidence?"

Smith's face hardened, "We have found the murder weapon in your room, with your finger prints on it."

"That's crazy, I was with Tintin during the shooting and obliviously that gum was planted." Ella held on to Tintin's hand tightly.

"Well, Miss. Explain how his finger prints have appeared on the weapon?"

"There is many ways to put someone's finger prints on an object." She defended.

"Until you can prove that, Mr. Tintin here will be coming with me."

"May I have a moment?" Tintin asked.

Smith nodded, "Make it quick."

Ella wouldn't let go of his hand, "Tintin, you can't let him do this."

Tintin stepped closer to her and whispered," I have to. You know as well as I do, who exactly is doing this."

She nodded, "Yes. The crazy person who is mad we fooled their plan."

Tintin nodded, "Ellie, you're going to have to continue this, get Captain Haddock and everyone to help."

Ella smiled, " I will, I love you."

Tintin's expression softened, " I love you too."

He kissed her, then was escorted away.

Angry tears filled Ella's eyes. She quickly wiped them away, she knew that there was no time for crying. It was time to finally solve the mystery.