Girl Meets Friendship

Start from the beginning

"I nominate Lucas Friar for president." Riley announced. "Okay. Second?" Cory asked. Riley raised her hand. "No, honey, you nominated him. You can't second the nomination," Cory told her. Riley put her hand down in defeat and looked at me. I gave her a confused look. She picked up my hand and raised it up. "All right, fine. That works for me," Cory said. "What are you doing? He's your competition." I told Riley taking my hand back. "I'm not running for anything." Riley said. "Yes, you are. We got plans for you. Yeah." Maya said. I nodded.

"You know what? It'd be an honor to run for president. Thank you, Riley. And I guess, Dylan," Lucas said. "My pleasure, buddy." Riley said, giving him a thumbs up, "I don't know how it happens." "Don't get use to it, Sundance," I told him. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We're nominating you for something." Maya told Riley, as she, her, and me walked out of the classroom. "This is your chance to be the voice of strong-willed, confident women everywhere." I told her. "I wanna be a princess." Riley told us. "Listen to me-" I started. "No! You listen to me. I'm 12 years old. The window is closing on my princess dream. And I ain't winning any pageants until I grow into these limbs." Riley said, moving her legs around in a weird way.

"Princess is all I have. Get it for me." Riley told us. Maya and I shared a knowing look. Then we turned back to Riley. "As you wish, m'lady." We said in unison. "Yay!" Riley cheered. I giggled. 

~~~~~~

I went home with Riley while Maya went home. I think. I honestly don't know anymore. Anyways, I was helping Riley with her campaign. We were making signs as Mr. Matthews walked in.  "Hey, dad, campaign question." Riley told him. "Impartial! As your teacher, I must refrain from showing any favoritism." Cory said, raising his hand, "But as your father. What ya got?"  

"We got serious Riley." Riley said, holding up her face that we plastered onto a stick. Her face didn't show any emotion. "Loser! What else you got?" Cory asked, turning to me. I held up a different sign with Riley's face on it. This time she was all happy. "Smiley Riley!" I shouted. "Love her! See you at the victory party." Cory told us. "Told ya, we should go with Smiley Riley!" I whispered/shouted at Riley as we walked to her room.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I stood in the gym where the election was taking place and watched Lucas and Farkle with Maya. "Everybody deserves the right to vote. Because if that right is taken away you know what you get?" Lucas asked, his crowd of people. I then turned to Farkle, who was dressed in a World War 2 type of outfit, with two people wearing similar outfits to Farkle's. 

"I am Farkle! And these are the dictatorettes. They are part of the new Farkle nation. How would you like to be part of the new Farkle nation?!" Farkle shouted. "Meh." All the kids said. "Nobody's buying, Farkle." Maya started. "Nobody wants you for dictator." I finished. "I was afraid something like this would happen. But genius that I am, I have a plan. I got an Uncle Morty in the t-shirt business." Farkle said, "Who will become part of Farkle nation for a free t-shirt?!" "Yeah!" The kids shouted. 

"Dictatorettes, give the peoples what they want." Farkle instructed the two girls. They picked up some t-shirt cannons and begun to shoot t-shirts up into the air. "Uh-oh." I mumbled, as the crowd cheered. I turned to Riley.

"Instead of learning on books, we should learn on tablets. The whole world will be at our fingertips. Instead of reading about Spain, we hit a button and we go there! Ole!" Riley said, to no one. "What you doing?" Maya asked. "I'm addressing the issues." Riley told her. "Nobody cares about the issues, Riles!" I shouted, "They only care about who's having the most fun." We turned back to Farkle. "Farkle nation!" Farkle shouted. "Farkle nation!" The crowd shouted back. "Holy moley. I got me an army." Farkle said.