My Benefactor Chapter Fifteen

Start from the beginning

She answered back with a series of punches everywhere in my upper torso. They were no ordinary punches. Each impact held an energy to double the force of the blow, causing me jerk up at each hit.

Ciara materialized herself and grabbed my throat in a choke hold. She squeezed my windpipe, blocking my air passage,"It can't be. I can't believe the prophecy is true." She said, glaring at me.

I wheezed, gasping for air,"Can't... Breathe..." I tried to move my arms and legs, but an energy seemed to paralyze my system.

She raised her free hand and scratched my face with her elongated nails,"Shut up! I can't let you live. I'm supposed to be in the spotlight along with Bryson's side when he takes over. He's supposed to be with me! He loves me! He can't know about a freaking direct descendant like you! You can't take away what's mine! It will ruin everything!" She shrieked at the last part with pure acidic disgust.

By now, I was slowly losing consciousness. My vision was starting to get blurry and all logic was thrown out the window. My will to live was slowly dissipating because Ciara had a tight hold on neck. Apart from that, I can't move.

"Fight back."  A soft female voice spoke in my mind in Greek.

"Fight back." She spoke again.

I slowly closed my eyes, welcoming the impending darkness. My breathing coming in shallow intakes.

Bump bump. Bump bump. Bump bump.

"My heir."

Bump bump. Bump bump. Bump bump.

"Fight back."

Bump bump. Bump bump. Bump bump.

After several thrumming beats, the moment zeroed in with a newfound settlement.

Reagan was now out of commission, buried in the depths of her subconsciousness.

"Let go of me." I said in a low tone and surprisingly, in Greek.

Ciara didn't listen, her grip not loosening a bit.

I opened my eyes and pryed her hands off my neck to twist her wrist. I made sure to crack the bone that was connected to it.

She screamed in pain,"B*TCH! My wrist!"

I smirked, "You should have listened to me." My eyes turned into a mixture of electric blue and stormy grey. The ground rumbled beneath me and the cars on the parking lot were lifted up in the air. I could hear a static sound accompanied with a slight zap, zooming all around the atmosphere.

Ciara started to panic as she slowly started to back away,"Reagan, don't."

My smirk became more pronounced, devilish even. "Too late." I said.

A wave of blue telekenetic energy burst out like a dome, flunging Ciara and the airborne cars a few feet away, creating a trail of debris on the ground. She crashed on a wall - the impact creating a circular dent. On the side and on random locations, cars were piling on top of each other.

She was still alive and breathing, so I strode towards her to finish her off, only to be stopped by an arm wrapping around my waist from behind, preventing me to advance further.

"Reagan, stop." A deep husky voice said in my ear.

I glanced over my shoulder and saw Bryson,"Let go of me." I said through gritted teeth. I tried to move forward, but his hold on me was tight.

He flipped me around to face him. He looked straight into my inhuman eye,"Calm down. Take deep breaths. You're losing it." He chided.

I trashed around, squirming to be free,"I said, let go of me!" I roared. The stubborn fool won't let me go!

He sighed angrily and snapped,"GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF, REAGAN! Your power is controlling you!"

His outburst snapped me out of my rage, and I blinked my eyes furiously, taking in my surroundings.

What have I done?

The school ground was in shambles. The concrete ground had many holes and cracks. Cars were  piling on top of each other, and on the wall a few meters away was Ciara, sprawled on the ground, with Rebecca tending to her injuries.

I gulped and looked at Bryson,"Did I do all this?" I asked, my voice cracking.

He nodded slowly,"Yes. You're showing signs of turning into a full Alerian. You just unleashed one of your several soon-to-be develop abilities. Just now, the one you've displayed was raw telekenetic energy; quite rare for an Alerian to use at disposal," He said, frowning.

This was all to much to take. All my life I've lived to be normal, but this situation changes everything and had tilted off the axis.

I needed to get out of here.

I imagined Derek's elegant mansion in my head. I envisioned the familiar walls and fixtures that I've grown accustomed to for the last two years.

With that firm thought, I decided home was the best place to be. To regroup myself.

I was about to walk off but paused, puzzled with the developments. My mind was playing tricks on me, but I could have sworn my surroundings and especially Bryson started to fade in front me."What's going on?" I internally mused.

"Reagan, you're teleporting. It's too early for you to manifest that ability yet." Bryson said in disbelief. His voice seemed distant and far off.

"Reagan!" he yelled. He reached out but it was too late.

The image of Bryson  faded and morphed into something familiar.

Home.

I was right smack in the middle of the foyer facing the stairs.

I don't know if I should be awed that I was able to do something that's classified and supernaturnally cool, or downright loathe myself for being a freak of nature.

You know what? I'll deal with this later. With that, I headed for the stairs, but a voice which held so much surprise and disbelief stopped me in my tracks.

"Reagan?"

I slowly turned around and my eyes bugged out like saucers. I cursed myself for not noticing them.

Derek was standing there, his eyes wide with mouth slightly parted. There was an unfamiliar man standing next to him, with a look similar to Derek's.

That's not the point I'm trying to come across.

It's the fact that I'm seriously busted.

 * * * * * * * * * *  * *

Song choice of the moment:

Mr. Right by Pittbull featuring Akon

Party mood since its FRIDAY!!!