7

When I left my classes, I saw Scott in the corridors, leaving his as well. I caught up with him, deciding to stop by his dorm to get my luggage and check on Chris.

"So how's he doing?" I ask, throwing my notebook in my bag.

"Good. He has a concussion, like you thought. He's been asking for you," Scott says, and I blush.

"Really?"

"Oh, yeah," Scott says. "Wouldn't shut up about you."

I narrow my eyes at him, unbelieving. "You're lying."

"No, I'm not," Scott says, putting his hands up in surrender. "He really wouldn't. You'll see when we get there."

We walk outside and Scott leads me to his car, starting up the engine as I buckle my seatbelt. He peels out of there, driving towards the dorms.

"I think you should tell him," Scott says suddenly, making me snap my head towards him with wide eyes.

"What? Are you crazy?" I ask.

"No, I'm serious," Scott says.

I blink at him. "What is today, truth-day?"

"As intended," Scott mumbled under his breath, barely audible. I furrow my eyebrows at him, but he skips the comment.

"Let's stop by your place first, to drop your stuff off," he says, and I distractedly nod.

After a moment, his comment really bothering me, I speak up. "Seriously, though. I can't tell him and you know that."

Scott exhales. "But just consider it. You're going to wish you did, before you won't be able to tell him anything."

I narrow my eyes at him, put off by his words. "Scott," I say. "Do you know something I don't?"

Scott's face remains emotionless, but I see his hands tighten on the wheel. That's how I knew that I was right.

"Scott!" I say, seeing as he wasn't replying.

He doesn't say anything, but he does stop the car. He calmly turns to me, looking at my wildly confused face. "We're here," he says.

Looking at him for a moment decidedly, I huff, pushing open the car door.

•••

Once I came back from setting my stuff down, Scott doesn't say a word. We drove to his dorm in complete silence, not even the radio playing.

It's stupid, I think. Getting in a fight over a secret. I knew that I should've just tried to ignore it.

But Chris made it so hard. Teasing me all of the time, moving in such ways that I know he did just to mess with me. And he had no idea just how hard it affected me, which made it so damn hard.

He parks and we walk into his dorm, finding Chris lounging on the couch. He was laying down, but when we walked in, he sat up.

"Hey," he says, his ice pack falling into his lap.

"Hey," I say walking over to him. I take a seat at the end of the couch by his feet, his long legs giving me no other place to sit.

"Hey," he says again, leaning forwards to grab my hand.

"Hey," I repeat, surprised by the sudden affection.

"We need to talk," he says, and I pale. Did Scott tell him? Man, I'm going to kill that little weasel!

"Oh," I say, worried and at loss for words. "Okay."

He stands up from the couch and pulls me with him, leading me towards his room. But he didn't let go of my hand, and I made no effort to pull it away.