Ch. 4 Interrogation

Start from the beginning

"Thank you." I grabbed the clothes out of her hands.

"You're welcome."

"Where am I suppose to change?"

"Follow me." I followed her.

"Oh yea, you're not putting me under surveillance Mr. Munakata." I said walking away.

She took me a few buildings down, all the way down. It felt as if we were in a basement or a jail cell. The dull hallways and creaking noises of the hanging lights were creepy. The only thing I see was the the lieutenant walking in front of me.

"Did you really have to take me all the way down here to change? I mean don't you have a..better..changing roo~" I smacked into her back when she took a sudden stop.

"You should be quiet. You're a suspect that we must contain."

"What?!! Seriously? I'm still a suspect when I didn't even commit a crime? Munakata and I rarely even talked about the situation. Let alone he didn't even ask for my side of the story, you know of 'who, what, when, where, how, and why'." I babbled.

She continued walking. I sighed with aggravation. We continued walking and all of sudden out the corner of my eye I felt someone else's eyes were following me. I looked just in time to see a guy laying on his side looking directly at me. His deadly stare sent shivers down my spine. His stare made me actually want to claw my own eyes out. But, I paid him no mind and continued walking.

"Anna, was that her?" The guy asked.

"Yes sir." She answered back looking at one ball that continuously moves.

The guy whistled in flirtation.

"Here, get in." Awashima requests as she opened the jail gates.

I slowly walked in scanning the whole area. To my surprise it was extremely clean. I sat my clothes down on the hard bench.

Never have I ever been in jail before. Ahhhwww. I tilt my head to the side in disbelief.

Lieutenant Awashima had her hand out.

"Why are you doing that?" I asked.

"You're not eligible to keep any electronic devices within the cell. I'll have to remove them from you. I'd rather prefer to not forcefully take them from you, so suggest for you to just hand them over." She had gimme-gimme hands.

"Even my school PDA?" I questioned with a lump in my throat. She nodded. I gave her everything I had that was electronic.

She closed the bar door and locked it. I sat on the hard bench and laid my head against the hard wall.

"This sucks." I sighed.

"Tell me about it." I raised my head at someone's voice. "The benches are hard to sleep on, but you'll get use to it like I did."

"Uh..yea..thanks." I hesitantly said.

"Oh there's no need to be afraid. We could easily break out of here. Well I could, I don't know about you though." The guy kept talking. "What's your story?"

I gasped. "T..That's known of your business."

The man chuckled. "You sound like me only more talkative."

I started changing into the clothes Awashima gave me. After that I laid down and was in deep thought. After awhile I just told him.

"They accused me of helping this Colorless King with a murder of some guy." The guy opened his eyes super fast.

"You helped kill Tatara?" His eyes begin to glow a red and smoke was manifesting from his body.

"No I didn't kill anyone." I dropped my head within my hands.

"She's telling the truth, Mikoto." Anna said nonchalantly.

He calmed himself. "You must be the Purple Queen I've been hearing so much about? I heard you even kicked some of those blue guys ass."

"Yea, they accuse me of being chosen by some Damocles sword and now I'm a queen. But I have no clue if I am or not. Kings and queens have power to do whatever they please, not be held in captivity. The only thing that I can do is hand to hand combat that I learned in elementary."

"Well every king or queen should have the ability to let their eyes glow the color the Damocles sword has selected. For instance your color should be purple or magenta. Have your noticed anything in your eyes that color?"

"I have. But that's not enough to show that I'm a queen. Science has proved that eye hues can change with emotion. But Munakata said that I heal pretty nicely. But that's still not enough, adolescents my age should be able to heal fast."

"You know you talk a lot about science."

"I know."

"Hmm."

"If I am a queen where's my power? My loyal subjects? Munakata has both of those." I folded my arms.

"I can show you how to make your power come out."

"Can you?" I said in bluff tone.

"Yea, but it comes with a price."

"How can I trust you? I don't even know your name."

"My name is Mikoto Suoh, I am the third king, the red king."
My eyes flung open.

Another king?

"You see I'm kind of in the same situation but opposite. The fourth king, Munakata, locked me in here because my power could destroy all of Japan. I'm looking for a guy who supposedly killed a fellow member of mines. Once I heard they accused you of being partners with the guy, I was three seconds away from killing you. But a certain someone told me opposite." Anna was observing. "I plan on finding that colorless king bastard and killing him myself. That's my story." He sat up and folded his arms as well.

"Very interesting alibi. My name's....You know what you don't get my name until you teach me how to use my powers."

"Brat..But fair enough."

"How are you going to teach me? You know? From over there?"

"Easily."

"What's your catch?" I had to ask.

"If I teach you how to extract your power, in return I'm gonna need a queen."

"Meaning?"

"I need a queen to sit with me on my throne."

My face was confused until I realized what he said. And my whole body dropped to the ground.