Chapter 1 - Aging Backwards

"This isn't going to work," Adela said. She was walking towards a club in Mexico with her friends, Stiles and Lydia. "I can't possibly pass as seventeen."

Adela was short, about 5'1 but today she was wearing a pair of heels that added about 4 inches to her height. She also had on a green dress and Allison's old, black leather jacket. Lydia had done Adela's makeup and added some silver hoops to her ensemble.

"Yes you can... just, uh, ruffle your hair or something," Stiles replied.

"Del, you act like a twenty year old, you can pass for seventeen," Lydia said, then turned to Stiles. "She's right though. We're going to die and Del ruffling her hair isn't going to change that."

"Guys, can we just be optimistic? Please?" Stiles asked the girls. The both groaned but nodded. "Thank you."

When they walked up to the door though, Adela regretted her promise. There was no way they would be aloud into this club. The two bouncers were big guys. There faces were like stone as Lydia said something is Spanish. One of the guys shook his head. Stiles tentatively pulled a card from his pocket. The man looked at it briefly before gesturing for Stiles to hold it up to the camera. Are these guys not allowed to talk or something? Adela thought.

There was a click and the door opened. The three teens walked in and the door shut behind them. The hall wash shaking which only added to the creepiness. When they got to the door, Stiles pushed it open. They were immediately met with extremely loud music, the smell of alcohol, and of sweat. Adela was never a big partier but she could appreciate the amount of fun everyone was having. The teens walked up to the bar and were handed shots. Stiles looked confused, then started to dig for money in his back pocket when a older man with a mustache put a hand on his shoulder.

"No. On the house." When they didn't pick up the drinks the man spoke again. "Most American teenagers don't cross the border to refuse a drink."

"We didn't come to drink," Lydia said, dropping a golden bullet engraved with a skull into her shot.

•*•*•*•

Five minutes later, the three found themselves sitting across from an older, Mexican woman. She was sharpening a knife.

"Severo hates this music. Me? I've always loved the music of youth. This kind especially. It has a savage energy," the woman said.

Lydia glared at her. "We're here for Derek Hale."

"Is that so?" The woman challenged.

"We know you have him," Lydia said.

Adela decided to try something different. "We've heard you can be bought."

Stiles dropped five wads of cash on the table. "It's 50,000 for Derek."

"Now," the woman began, "Where does a teenage boy get money like this? Japanese mafia?" When she spoke the last words, both guards in the room loaded there guns. Looking from side to side, Adela's heart beat sped up.

"Not smart to come alone," the woman jeered.

Stiles narrowed his eyes. "What makes you think we came alone?"

The woman's smug smile faded. "You brought a wolf into my home?"

Stiles gave a small smile. "We brought an alpha."

The woman's eyes flashed and she looked angry. Adela couldn't really tell though, the expression was gone as quickly as it had come.

"My friends, I don't think you're aware of your poor timing," the woman said. She stood up and walked to the window. "Do you know what the dark moon is?"