Long Way Home

This one is sort of insight to a 5SOS road trip. No girls, no other guys, just the boys. It starts out with footage of a van driving through what looks kind of like a desert. Once the music starts, it switches to a view inside the car, showing Luke at the wheel, Ashton sitting shotgun, and Michael and Calum in the back messing around. Luke starts singing, and Ashton leans forward to turn up the radio, like Luke is singing along with it. While he sings the second part of his verse (kicking back in the old school yard), a faded image of 5SOS playing an acoustic gig in a park, sort of like in the Wherever You Are video with the collection of fan videos. This is obviously of them when they're younger, probably in London. It gives a sort of nostalgic feel to the video, and all of the boys start smiling softly, like they're remembering the event.

When it comes to the refrain, the boys have switched seats: Ashton is driving, Michael is next to him, and Luke and Calum are in the back. They're all singing along, and Luke, Calum, and Michael are playing air guitar while Ashton taps on the steering wheel. Nothing else is happening, they're just having a good time, enjoying themselves and bobbing along to their music happily.

As the second verse starts, the van stops, just as Michael sings "now we're stuck in the middle of nowhere". Ashton gets out to check what's wrong, and the seats are switched again: Michael in the driver's seat, Calum next to him, and Luke alone in the back as Ashton examines the engine. At "and you know I'd never let you down" Ashton hits the engine with a fist, and the van starts up again. Grinning, he returns to the back of the van, and they continue driving into the second refrain. The refrain is a repeat of before, with the boys all singing along and pretending to play instruments. Michael is still driving, and they almost swerve off the road as he attempts air guitar.

At the bridge, seats are changed yet again, with Calum driving, Luke at shotgun, and Michael and Ash in the back. At this point, it's dark outside and they seemed to have reached civilization again, but they're "hitting every red light" and at "kissing at the stop signs" Michael leans towards Ash in the backseat, trying to kiss him, but Ashton pushes him away, laughing. They continue driving, pulling up at a venue that has no one lined up outside or anything.

At the drop, where it's only Luke singing, they're getting out of the van, staring up at the arena with pride, remembering the same clip as before. When the guitar kicks in again, they're up onstage, with a huge crowd filling the entire arena. They're singing and looking really happy as they look out at the crowd in front of them, remembering where they came from and how things had changed. As the song ends, they're back at the van, loading their instruments in the back, and at the last "we're taking the long way home" Luke is back in the front seat driving. The same clip of a driving van from before is played, though it's night this time. Then the image fades to black.

---

This is kind of a nostalgia one, a little silly, but altogether really happy and carefree. What do you guys think?

-Catherine